Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Has anyone modified their new TLX fake exhaust tips to a quad setup like the type S. Looking at getting a set of H tips to replace the stock tips. Was wondering if anyone already tried this and what it looks like.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Try googling "offset exhaust tips". I found a couple viable options. I'm going to measure and see what works. I know the TL's thing has always been the trapezoid style, but I miss my TSX's round pipes.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Try googling "offset exhaust tips". I found a couple viable options. I'm going to measure and see what works. I know the TL's thing has always been the trapezoid style, but I miss my TSX's round pipes.
I agree. They should of kept the round exhaust tips. The type s looks so good with the quad exhaust. It's only a matter of time and there will be something made specifically for the car. But I did have a look and found some good options.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I agree. They should of kept the round exhaust tips. The type s looks so good with the quad exhaust. It's only a matter of time and there will be something made specifically for the car. But I did have a look and found some good options.
Bad news, they're welded😔 I'm not cutting pipes on a lease.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hey guys,

Has anyone modified their new TLX fake exhaust tips to a quad setup like the type S. Looking at getting a set of H tips to replace the stock tips. Was wondering if anyone already tried this and what it looks like.
There’s a page i saw that makes cat back for the 2.0. Check their ig page out @functionwerks

·
Registered
38 Posts
I just messaged Functionwerk and they havent made this exhaust yet. It's just a prototype and is in the works. Here's the email they sent me. But it'll hopefully be out soon and looks amazing.

View attachment 26578
I talked to them about the exhaust. It’s going to be amazing! I can’t show pictures but it’s going to look like the type s tips! Can’t wait!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts