Acura TLX Forum banner
21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
So my dealership has a video of the car making the noise, but the head tech showed up today and could not reproduce the sound. He watched the video and agreed that the sound was odd, but it’s now gone. I took the car home, and it’s not making the noise right now. He said if I hear it again, I should call again and bring it in. A little annoying.

·
Registered
2021 TLX Advance SH-AWD
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Finally got around to scheduling a service for the creaking noise. After 2 days at the dealership, it was determined that the power steering rack assembly needs to be replaced. Parts had to be ordered and with the supply chain the way it is, it may be several weeks for the parts to arrive (conservative figure according to the Service Advisor). Service Advisor stated that this was the 1st time he had heard of this issue. (Hard to believe as this is a dealership in the Baltimore, MD area.) I did print out a word document showing what others were experiencing on the Acura Forums, and he did state that it was helpful in determining the root cause. As a side note, I got a 2021 RDX Tech as a loaner and I have to tell you I was disappointed in the ride and comfort quality as compared to my TLX. My wife drives a 17 RDX (Tech) and the ride quality of the 21 RDX pales in comparison to the 17 my wife drives. Hope that this is helpful to others experiencing the creaking issue........stay tuned. (I too have the Puddle Light issue and they had to order those as well.)

·
Registered
102 Posts
I can tell you this, Im never buying a 1st year remodel ever again. Thankfully , we are only plagued with a crapload of minor issues/ annoyances.. Who knows what lurks around the corner though. 🙏.

·
Registered
2021 Acura TLX A-Spec SH-AWD
315 Posts
Finally got around to scheduling a service for the creaking noise. After 2 days at the dealership, it was determined that the power steering rack assembly needs to be replaced. Parts had to be ordered and with the supply chain the way it is, it may be several weeks for the parts to arrive (conservative figure according to the Service Advisor). Service Advisor stated that this was the 1st time he had heard of this issue. (Hard to believe as this is a dealership in the Baltimore, MD area.) I did print out a word document showing what others were experiencing on the Acura Forums, and he did state that it was helpful in determining the root cause. As a side note, I got a 2021 RDX Tech as a loaner and I have to tell you I was disappointed in the ride and comfort quality as compared to my TLX. My wife drives a 17 RDX (Tech) and the ride quality of the 21 RDX pales in comparison to the 17 my wife drives. Hope that this is helpful to others experiencing the creaking issue........stay tuned. (I too have the Puddle Light issue and they had to order those as well.)
Interesting that the dealership claimed that they didn't know about this. I dropped my car off for the FAKRA connector replacement this morning and I had an amusing conversation with the service advisor to see if there were any of the common 2021 issues that he hadn't heard of or vice versa. He had heard of pretty much every complaint here. The only one that he hadn't heard of was the steering column leak that someone complained about a while back.

·
Registered
2021 TLX Advance SH-AWD
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I chalk it all up to 1st year issues. Anytime you buy a new generation of vehicle, you are bound to run into issues. Right now it appears we are only experiencing annoyances. Hope it stays that way. Still enjoy driving the car.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I chalk it all up to 1st year issues. Anytime you buy a new generation of vehicle, you are bound to run into issues. Right now it appears we are only experiencing annoyances. Hope it stays that way. Still enjoy driving the car.
Heres my issue. Half the time, my USB music doesnt work, so I end up driving my car without audio. Then all the focus goes to the orchestra of clicks coming from the steering wheel, driver and passenger doors. I was really expecting better than this. Ugh.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Interesting that the dealership claimed that they didn't know about this. I dropped my car off for the FAKRA connector replacement this morning and I had an amusing conversation with the service advisor to see if there were any of the common 2021 issues that he hadn't heard of or vice versa. He had heard of pretty much every complaint here. The only one that he hadn't heard of was the steering column leak that someone complained about a while back.
I was one of those who had the faulty seal somewhere in my steering rack. It was replaced under warranty. The thick grease they use to lubricate the tilting/telescoping mechanism was heating up in use, thinning, and seeping past a bad seal. The now liquified lubricant dripped down the column, dripped onto the back side (interior) of the lower dash and finally dripped, forming a pool, on my driver’s side floor mat. Darkish, brownish-red lubricant.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Heres my issue. Half the time, my USB music doesnt work, so I end up driving my car without audio. Then all the focus goes to the orchestra of clicks coming from the steering wheel, driver and passenger doors. I was really expecting better than this. Ugh.
Tell them that you believe you have the FAKRA connector issue. Got my car back from the shop and it cured my stereo issues.

·
Registered
23 Posts
So I replaced the front swaybar links on my '15 v6 with moog from advanced or autozone whatever... not sure if it'll solve your issue but lemme tell you... they're about 20 inches long and twice as thick as the factory bars. They're cheap too I HIGHLY recommend doing the swap only issue is if you don't have a heavy duty Milwaukee airgun you're gonna have to saw the old ones out but I highly recommend it. I don't work for these guys btw I was very impressed with the end result

I
Product Font Line Parallel Tool

·
Registered
10 Posts
My 2021 TLX has this issue with the steering rack and was brought to dealership on 6/21/21. I just received a call that the steering rack will ship from overseas on 11/11, finally some progress. It normally only happens when the climate is warmer and has been driven on the highway. Now though, when pressing the accelerator down quick or taking a sharp turn the radio will make a static click noise. Anyone else experiencing this?

·
Registered
315 Posts
My 2021 TLX has this issue with the steering rack and was brought to dealership on 6/21/21. I just received a call that the steering rack will ship from overseas on 11/11, finally some progress. It normally only happens when the climate is warmer and has been driven on the highway. Now though, when pressing the accelerator down quick or taking a sharp turn the radio will make a static click noise. Anyone else experiencing this?
As noted by rbmorse, talk to your dealer about the FAKRA connector. I started experiencing static when the car was dynamically stressed (acceleration, cornering, braking) and it got progressively worse. After a half day at the dealership.....everything is good.

·
Registered
2021 TLX Type S (had 1994 Integra GSR 4DR)
60 Posts
I am starting to hear a "Groan" from the front of the car when I turn the wheel to the left while the vehicle is stationary, does this sound similar to everyone's experience?

·
Registered
2021 TLX 2.0T ADV/AWD Majestic Black Pearl/Ebony
151 Posts
If it's consistent, have the dealer check it out. Also check for uneven tire wear at the fronts, and that pressure on both fronts are roughly the same. Less likely, damage to front u-joint(s) or front suspension bushings.

·
Registered
2021 TLX Advance SH-AWD
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Got a call from Service that my steering rack assembly part(s) arrived. Work completed in 1 day and so far, so good...no creeking sound coming from the steering wheel

·
Registered
91 Posts
Recently noticed that steering rack makes a creaking sound while the steering wheel is being turned side to side. This has been discussed on another Acura Forum and wanted to see how many members are also hearing this sound from their 2021. APPEARS that the issue is the steering rack and will need to be replaced, but currently on back order. Has anyone that has taken to the dealer received any other diagnosis for this?
My experience told me that if the steering wheel have creaking noise, have you check to see any leakage on the floor where you park your car, if there is oil on the floor you will see it, the steering pump or the pipe supply the lub is damage. Hope this information is helpful.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I just took my car in for the second time. First time they said the steering wheel needed foam in it, and the most recent time they said they replaced both struts and did an alignment on the car. The service advisor said the take had to call corporate and they told him that was the issue. I drove it home and the noise wasn’t gone. I’m going to call corporate directly tomorrow and see what can be done. I have had the car since the end of may and it only has 3000 miles on it. This has been a real nightmare and more than likely, when the lease is up, I’ll leave acura and will never buy one again. The only reason I say more than likely is, because my wife has an RDX and it is great, just a great car with no issues. So it’s the saving grace, but i will never get a TLX again. I might go back to bmw for a sedan.
Sometimes is just bad luck or bad dealership, nothing to do with TLX. I hate the TL, in snowy weather spin me off the highway, I traded in to a Volvo C70, I never have any problem now I have a Volvo C70 and an Acura TLX sh-AWD advance package. Don't have any problem but only weather get too cold my muffler make some noise once is warm the noise go away, if I start my car and I am inside the car, I won't hear anything. Although the dealer said is under warranty and need to replace but is back order so I just be patient and hopefully it arrive before I come home.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts