Acura TLX Forum banner
21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2021 TLX ASPEC SH-AWD, Bitchen Blue
8 Posts
Another thing you might try is, look to see what selection is set for your suspension tuning. It may be in comfort mode so you would experience the feeling of fishtailing due to body roll. Maybe change to a firmer setting and see how it reacts. You may get more of a sideways stutter feeling but it may not rock n roll on you so much. The sport setting is pretty tight but it will also, I believe, re-map your shift points.

I would like my response to be more specific but my TLX is only 8 hours old so got some reading and playing to do.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Another thing you might try is, look to see what selection is set for your suspension tuning. It may be in comfort mode so you would experience the feeling of fishtailing due to body roll. Maybe change to a firmer setting and see how it reacts. You may get more of a sideways stutter feeling but it may not rock n roll on you so much. The sport setting is pretty tight but it will also, I believe, re-map your shift points.

I would like my response to be more specific but my TLX is only 8 hours old so got some reading and playing to do.
Yes I had already tried that in sports mode when the steering wheel gets a little stiffer it helps you a bit not a crazy life but it does make a little difference when it’s sports mode

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Suspension on the A-Spec is not adjustable, that’s only on the Advanced trim.
Correct but it changes the steering handling and makes it stiffer. Which in part takes away a lot of the jerky motion. I don’t have adjustable suspension

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just bought my 2021 Acura tlx A spec. The car performs great. My only issue is that when I’m driving on freeway over asfault it drives smooth and straight but when I drive over concrete and it has the grooves on concrete to prevent cars from sliding and better grip. The car swerves left and right repeatedly until I get back on regular roads. I have all Safty features on car. But I don’t drive with lane assist or anything like that. I do all driving. It’s just hard to explain but imagin the cars rear end moving left and right. It crazy and annoying. I believe it’s the new design Bridgestone tires. Already mad appointments at dealer. Car stated doing it since mile 100. I’ll be taking the mechanic from dealership for a ride so he knows what I’m talking about. Anybody having the same issues. Also steering makes a slight rubbing sound but so slightly Also if someone calles you while driving and you answer with car. It stay stuck on that annoying ring alert and it doesn’t stop until you hang up. Can’t lower the volume during that incident. Other than that. Love the car
i had the a similar issue when driving on a concrete stretch of the freeway. i have a 2021 tech package TLX. the car started to self correct as i had all the safety features turned on. asked the rep @ the dealer, he had no idea what i was talking about.

·
Registered
207 Posts
i had the a similar issue when driving on a concrete stretch of the freeway. i have a 2021 tech package TLX. the car started to self correct as i had all the safety features turned on. asked the rep @ the dealer, he had no idea what i was talking about.
You probably had LKAS on which does look at the lines and attempts to keep the car in the lane. Totally different topic.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Don’t bother with the dealer. Just a waste of time. They said it’s the tires. It’s true. Mine stoped doing it after 3,000 miles. You should be ok

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought my 2021 Acura tlx A spec. The car performs great. My only issue is that when I’m driving on freeway over asfault it drives smooth and straight but when I drive over concrete and it has the grooves on concrete to prevent cars from sliding and better grip. The car swerves left and right repeatedly until I get back on regular roads. I have all Safty features on car. But I don’t drive with lane assist or anything like that. I do all driving. It’s just hard to explain but imagin the cars rear end moving left and right. It crazy and annoying. I believe it’s the new design Bridgestone tires. Already mad appointments at dealer. Car stated doing it since mile 100. I’ll be taking the mechanic from dealership for a ride so he knows what I’m talking about. Anybody having the same issues. Also steering makes a slight rubbing sound but so slightly Also if someone calles you while driving and you answer with car. It stay stuck on that annoying ring alert and it doesn’t stop until you hang up. Can’t lower the volume during that incident. Other than that. Love the car
i bought two weeks ago 2021 acura awd tlx technology package and my car have exactly the same issuse . and dealer acura weir canyon service refuses to fix the car and i call acura corporation and i open a case and i waiting for answer ....

·
Registered
22 Posts
hi, i just leased a 2021 tlx with tech package last week, i had four infiniti's g37s and last q50 before this that i miss a lot but went up $200 more per month, i can't stand this tlx, its rediculously long and all show and no action. whenever i drive over a bridge with metal grading this car is sliding all over the place from left to right, very dangerous. now i have to drive 25mph with my emergency lights on and whenever i go over this bridge and im still swerving left to right. my infiniti with a v6 300hp twin turbo flew over this same bridge doing 50mph and held the road perfectly, i also got better gas mileage 15mpg in brooklyn city driving with a bigger engine. im only getting 13.5 mph with this tlx. i got this tlx with 19 inch michellin tires, i don't know if its the tires or this awd system is terrible. i posted this before and i'll say this again, the infiniti q50 destroys this car in every single category.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Just brought car into dealership. I had mechanic drive the car on the freeway. He was able to replicate the fish tailing. He’s like “ dude that’s not normal”. So they are keeping it. They gave me a rental
im having the same problem, whenever i go over a bridge with metal grading im swerving all over the place very dangerous, i have to go 25mph with my emergency lights on while driving on this bridge. my last car infiniti q50 v6 300hp twin turbo drove over this same bridge going 50mph held the road perfectly. i miss my infiniti every time i drive this tlx its rediculously long and all show no action. the corporate office said that if they get enough complaints they'll have a recall and most likely change the tires.

·
Registered
23 Posts
im having the same problem, whenever i go over a bridge with metal grading im swerving all over the place very dangerous, i have to go 25mph with my emergency lights on while driving on this bridge. my last car infiniti q50 v6 300hp twin turbo drove over this same bridge going 50mph held the road perfectly. i miss my infiniti every time i drive this tlx its rediculously long and all show no action. the corporate office said that if they get enough complaints they'll have a recall and most likely change the tires.
Did you test drive the TLX before you bought it? I mean you may not have noticed the tire issue during a test drive, but you should have been able to tell it was relatively slow compared to your previous Q50.

One is a turbo V6 and one is a turbo 4. You actually should have known even without a test drive that the TLX would be slower.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Did you test drive the TLX before you bought it? I mean you may not have noticed the tire issue during a test drive, but you should have been able to tell it was relatively slow compared to your previous Q50.

One is a turbo V6 and one is a turbo 4. You actually should have known even without a test drive that the TLX would be slower.
hi, i knew my infiniti would be much faster but i had no idea that this tlx would swerve all over the place going over metal grading on a bridge or cement grading. i had a 4 cylinder altima and a 91 maxima years ago and both held the road perfectly on this bridge. also i at least figured i would be getting better gas mileage with the 4 cylinder tlx instead im only getting 13.5 mpg in brooklyn driving, my infiniti i was getting 15 mpg. the other thing i didn't realize was how rediculousy long this tlx is with small back seat room, this car has a very bad design. i tell everyone that this is not a sports sedan but a very long family sedan that looks sporty.

·
Registered
2021 Acura TLX A-Spec SH-AWD
217 Posts
hi, i knew my infiniti would be much faster but i had no idea that this tlx would swerve all over the place going over metal grading on a bridge or cement grading. i had a 4 cylinder altima and a 91 maxima years ago and both held the road perfectly on this bridge. also i at least figured i would be getting better gas mileage with the 4 cylinder tlx instead im only getting 13.5 mpg in brooklyn driving, my infiniti i was getting 15 mpg. the other thing i didn't realize was how rediculousy long this tlx is with small back seat room, this car has a very bad design. i tell everyone that this is not a sports sedan but a very long family sedan that looks sporty.
I've had one or two instances where I felt the tires follow some grooving but nothing like you are describing. As far as the performance part of the equation, I just had a conversation with the salesman who sold me the car and I let him know that the feedback that I'm hearing from the Acura world is saying that they need to re-evaluate how their car fits into the market. I got my car for $7,250 off MSRP for a reason........people weren't buying them without that big discount.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I've had one or two instances where I felt the tires follow some grooving but nothing like you are describing. As far as the performance part of the equation, I just had a conversation with the salesman who sold me the car and I let him know that the feedback that I'm hearing from the Acura world is saying that they need to re-evaluate how their car fits into the market. I got my car for $7,250 off MSRP for a reason........people weren't buying them without that big discount.
hi, i leased my car just two weeks ago, there wasn't many choices because of the chip shortage. the car drives nice, the swerving and bad mpg are my only complaints. the other thing is and its my fault, i never realized how long this car is, much longer than other cars in its category.

·
Registered
4 Posts
i bought two weeks ago 2021 acura awd tlx technology package and my car have exactly the same issuse . and dealer acura weir canyon service refuses to fix the car and i call acura corporation and i open a case and i waiting for answer ....
Did Acura Corporation ever get back to you on this. We are having the same problem with our 2021 TLX that was also purchased at Weir Canyon Acura.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Tires have over 7,000 miles on them. Not a tire issue. Common issue on the fwd models that Acura Corporation is fully aware of and not doing anything to fix the problem.

21 - 40 of 46 Posts