Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

Registered
2020 Acura TLX A-Spec Apex Blue Pearl Looking for practice mods, suggestions greatly appreciated!
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, this may be a irrelevant question. But I could not find the info...
Does anyone know why bulb type the trunk light uses?

Thanks in advance!
馃檹馃檹

Super Moderator
Did you check the owner's manual? There should be a page that lists the bulb type for all interior lights.

Reactions: William6244

Registered
2020 Acura TLX A-Spec Apex Blue Pearl Looking for practice mods, suggestions greatly appreciated!
Discussion Starter #3
Did you check the owner's manual? There should be a page that lists the bulb type for all interior lights.
Omg... I totally forgot about checking the manual.... 馃槄 馃う Lmao!

Thank you!

Registered
2020 TLX, 3.5L, Tech package, Modern steel metallic
Page 566 of the complete online 2020 Owners Manual. Gives the wattage, but not a part number. Enjoy your ride!

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Page 566 of the complete online 2020 Owners Manual. Gives the wattage, but not a part number. Enjoy your ride!
A hahaha 馃ぃ馃ぃ馃ぃ馃ぃ馃う馃う馃う馃う OK, back to square one! 馃ぃ馃ぃ馃ぃ

Thanks for letting me know as well!

Registered
2016 TLX I4 Tech - Fathom Blue Pearl with Blackouts
You can find most bulbs here: SYLVANIA Automotive

I installed THIS 921 LED bulb in mine for a MUCH brighter result. Be careful when replacing the bulb. Some have had problems with the trunk release mechanism afterward (shorting something, perhaps), though I don't see how that could be possible if done correctly and with reasonable care.

Reactions: #11 and William6244

Registered
Discussion Starter #7

I installed THIS 921 LED bulb in mine for a MUCH brighter result. Be careful when replacing the bulb. Some have had problems with the trunk release mechanism afterward (shorting something, perhaps), though I don't see how that could be possible if done correctly and with reasonable care.
Ah! Hey thank you for the assistance! And the advice for the Sylvania reference lol. I'm gonna be extra careful with the installation. Though I guess I can try installing it when the seats are down and I climb into the trunk that way so the light isn't lit up lol 馃槀!

馃檹馃檹馃檹

Registered
Discussion Starter #8

Hey trickVert,

Do you find that the light inside the elbow pad/ box compartment kinda too dim? If I wanted to change it, would it fall in the glove compartment category? On the Sylvania site, they don't have that category lol.

Thanks again!

Registered
I never noticed that there is a light in the center console. :)

Registered
Discussion Starter #10
I never noticed that there is a light in the center console. :)
Lmao 馃槀, see that why I want to change it 馃槀馃槀 it's so darn dim!

Registered
Ah... I installed a console tray something like THIS shortly after getting the car, so I don't see the light unless I remove it. Yes, the cubby light is a bit dim, but it's functional. I'd bet it's LED, and non-replaceable. (I could be wrong, of course.)

Registered
Ah... I installed a console tray something like THIS shortly after getting the car, so I don't see the light unless I remove it. Yes, the cubby light is a bit dim, but it's functional. I'd bet it's LED, and non-replaceable. (I could be wrong, of course.)
It鈥檚 the same bulb as the glove box. A tiny peanut incandescent bulb, about 3/16鈥 in diameter. The armrest cubby has it behind a round black disk with a rectangular slit to let some light through. The glove box has a similar round disk made of translucent plastic. I鈥檇 love to replace both on my 2020 TLX with some type of LED equivalent.

Registered
Discussion Starter #13
It鈥檚 the same bulb as the glove box. A tiny peanut incandescent bulb, about 3/16鈥 in diameter. The armrest cubby has it behind a round black disk with a rectangular slit to let some light through. The glove box has a similar round disk made of translucent plastic. I鈥檇 love to replace both on my 2020 TLX with some type of LED equivalent.
OH woah! Yo thank you for the specifics! 馃ぃ
Yeah I want to replace some bulbs because I feel they are alottle too dim ( for me at least) lol

Super Moderator
I think these lighrs are all LED like the faint ones in the door handles.

Registered
2018 Acura TLX 2.4L Technology
I just put these in mine today, 194 168, pretty easy install: Amazon.com: JDM ASTAR 5GS High Performance 1:1 Design 3030-5SMD 194 168 2825 W5W T10 Brgiht White LED Bulbs: Automotive, I'm very happy with them, what a huge difference, I can actually see what's in my trunk at night now and it's a much higher end and cleaner look. I understand they're the same bulbs that will fit the door lights on the bottom.

Before:

After:

These are a little pricier at 2 for $10, there is a 10-pk of JDM Astars for $10 but this two pack seemed like higher quality.

Super Moderator
Big improvement, thanks for sharing!

Reactions: GetTheLedOut

Registered
Discussion Starter #18
I just put these in mine today, 194 168, pretty easy install: Amazon.com: JDM ASTAR 5GS High Performance 1:1 Design 3030-5SMD 194 168 2825 W5W T10 Brgiht White LED Bulbs: Automotive, I'm very happy with them, what a huge difference, I can actually see what's in my trunk at night now and it's a much higher end and cleaner look. I understand they're the same bulbs that will fit the door lights on the bottom.

Before:

View attachment 25695

After:

View attachment 25696

These are a little pricier at 2 for $10, there is a 10-pk of JDM Astars for $10 but this two pack seemed like higher quality.
OH damn! That's Hella brighter! I wish the car came this bright so to avoid doing these things ourselves! 馃ぃ
Thanks for posting the product here!
馃檹馃檹馃憦馃憦馃榿

1 - 18 of 18 Posts