Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I recently bought a tlx awd and been experiencing vibration at 70+ mph. Its a 2020 model with only 400 miles on it.

I test drove the car and noticed the vibration but I was told that it was from flat spots??? and would go away after few miles but unfortunately the vibration is still there...

I am seeing a lot of threads with this issue but wanted to check if anyone had this issue fixed.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
197 Posts
I had the same problem. What I found out was that one of those new tires was bad. They told me that it could NOT be balanced. I demanded that they had to replace it. They told me that I had to take the problem up with GoodYear since their tires are covered by the manufacture..Once I got the tire taken care of then I had no more problems.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
I had some issues with my 2015 - after some balance and SBs it helped a bit but was still there... it wasn't until after I had to replace my tires that it was 90% better... the GY OEM tires were the culprit.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,

I recently bought a tlx awd and been experiencing vibration at 70+ mph. Its a 2020 model with only 400 miles on it.

I test drove the car and noticed the vibration but I was told that it was from flat spots??? and would go away after few miles but unfortunately the vibration is still there...

I am seeing a lot of threads with this issue but wanted to check if anyone had this issue fixed.

Thanks.
Meneedawd, did you end up resolving the issue?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Same issue here, vibrations at aro 70mph (115-120 KM/h)
A little less using soft rubber winter tires but back again with Michelins.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2020 tlx with the same issue was told it was stiff tires when I purchased it. Currently has 8k miles still same issue. Had the rotors replaced and tires balanced with road force high speed machine not the simple balance offered by dealer. Improved the ride but vibrations still persist at above 70mph. Going to check calipers next.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Dealer is in contact with engineering. They are supposed to get back soon... hahaha. Will let you guys know if anything comes out. I still have only 4k KM ont. might push for car replacment, but might need even more luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts