Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all new to the forums just picked up a TLX w/ 27K miles and the transmission is a bit jerky on city/local driving. Coming to full stops and going from first to second gear really. Wondering if I should change the fluid (any how to threads?) or is there a transmission reset procedure that I can do so I’ll be able to let the transmission adjust to my driving style?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Try start/stop button procedure, it might help.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wasn’t sure if this worked on the 8DCT thanks I will try it. Also noticed that my driving style was a bit passive I was allowing the car to shift at 1K maybe 1400 RPM and that’s when it would jerk. Driving last night allowing the car to shift between 1700-2K RPM was extremely smooth and it maintained that way. So jerky shift at low RPM is possibly normal because the car was meant to shift at higher RPMs

·
Registered
170 Posts
Yes, it takes time for the new driver to get used to it. I almost hated when I purchased it new in 2015, now no complaints.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, it takes time for the new driver to get used to it. I almost hated when I purchased it new in 2015, now no complaints.
Definitely understand that. I did as much research as I could before purchasing it very happy so far with the drive. Just trying to get use to a few things sounds, engine idle, the rocking back and forth when shifting from P to D and R to D i guess the mechanicals overall.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have a 2015 V6 Tech which has the 9-speed transmission. I took it to the dealership and asked them to make sure that the transmission software was up to date because the shifting was jerky. They did find that an update was available and performed the update for me as a courtesy since I was there for other work (timing belt). It took a couple weeks for it to smooth out after that but not it drives like it should.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I have not had any software updates on my 2015 TLX I4 since purchase, also I don't believe there are any.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts