Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after 12 great years of owning our 2008 Silver TL in great shape with 170k on it we decided to sell it and buy the new 2020 TLX, I really wanted to wait for the ‘21 S Type but $50+ grand is getting too high for us and getting a new ‘20 gunmetal grey A-Spec for $36,825 I just couldn’t pass it up.

We bought that TL new in ‘08 and have babied it all those years and when the dealer offered me $2000 for a trade, I told him that that was an INSULT so we put it on Craigslist Friday night at 11pm and Saturday morning at 7:30am it was sold for $6000 to a family buying it for their daughters first car.

Now back to the TLX, holyshit can that car be anymore confusing, we feel like a first time driver and we’re both 54, yes old farts like hot Japanese cars between the two of us we’ve owned around 20 Honda’s/Acura’s from a ‘87 CRX Si, ‘90 Civic Si, ‘93 Integra, ‘05 S2000 and my favorite my ‘05 Element (which I still own 200k and running strong). Back to the TLX it’s a very comfortable drive, I like the Alcantera leather seats, the increase in HP is nice and the paddle shifters don’t hurt either. It sure gets the looks driving around and as with the S2000 everyone wants to race, at least the BMW, Audi guys. Well not much to say yet just wanted to introduce myself and may be hitting some of you for info on how to use this dang thing.

·
Super Moderator
797 Posts
Well after 12 great years of owning our 2008 Silver TL in great shape with 170k on it we decided to sell it and buy the new 2020 TLX, I really wanted to wait for the ‘21 S Type but $50+ grand is getting too high for us and getting a new ‘20 gunmetal grey A-Spec for $36,825 I just couldn’t pass it up.

We bought that TL new in ‘08 and have babied it all those years and when the dealer offered me $2000 for a trade, I told him that that was an INSULT so we put it on Craigslist Friday night at 11pm and Saturday morning at 7:30am it was sold for $6000 to a family buying it for their daughters first car.

Now back to the TLX, holyshit can that car be anymore confusing, we feel like a first time driver and we’re both 54, yes old farts like hot Japanese cars between the two of us we’ve owned around 20 Honda’s/Acura’s from a ‘87 CRX Si, ‘90 Civic Si, ‘93 Integra, ‘05 S2000 and my favorite my ‘05 Element (which I still own 200k and running strong). Back to the TLX it’s a very comfortable drive, I like the Alcantera leather seats, the increase in HP is nice and the paddle shifters don’t hurt either. It sure gets the looks driving around and as with the S2000 everyone wants to race, at least the BMW, Audi guys. Well not much to say yet just wanted to introduce myself and may be hitting some of you for info on how to use this dang thing.
Congratulations on your new car and welcome to the forum! You'll find a lot of great info on this forum and contributors are welcome. Post some pics of your A-spec when you have a chance. Is it the 4 or 6 cylinder version?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Congratulations on your new car and welcome to the forum! You'll find a lot of great info on this forum and contributors are welcome. Post some pics of your A-spec when you have a chance. Is it the 4 or 6 cylinder version?
V6

1 - 3 of 3 Posts