Acura TLX Forum banner

2020 Tech Pkg. The Auto braking - how does it function.

3K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  PBP_TLX 
#1 ·
One video I watched , the salesman said to turn on the lane keeping assist the cruise control has to be on.
Seems like it should be an option all the time , I am thinking I am missing something.

Another thing I cannot figure is the assisted braking. It is the reason I bought the tech package.
Isnt that on all the time ? A car pulled right in front of my last weekend where I slammed on the brakes, pretty sure
the brake assisted didnt beat me. Does that have to be turned on ? It works fine when the cruise is on for me.
thank you for your time in advance.

#2 ·
One video I watched , the salesman said to turn on the lane keeping assist the cruise control has to be on.
Seems like it should be an option all the time , I am thinking I am missing something.

Another thing I cannot figure is the assisted braking. It is the reason I bought the tech package.
Isnt that on all the time ? A car pulled right in front of my last weekend where I slammed on the brakes, pretty sure
the brake assisted didnt beat me. Does that have to be turned on ? It works fine when the cruise is on for me.
Brake assistance is usually more prevalent and working in conjunction with the CMS (Collision Mitigation System)

#4 ·
I was unaware that the Tech package came with collision avoidance and automatic cruise control. When did that change? In my 2016, I'll get a flashing/beeping "BRAKE" warning in the center cluster, but it's up to me to hit the pedal, and there's no "auto-follow" in cruise.

#6 ·
Reactions: MarcoTLX
#8 ·

You don’t have to activate the cruise control, just turn it on for the LKAS to work

#9 ·
I have had a few occasions where I would like to just miss the car in front as it turns away from me or I change lanes from behind it but I get close to his bumper. Well the system does not like that. A few times it has put the brakes on for me. The BRAKE comes up on my heads up display, on the dash, the brakes goes on, doing it's job. I don't want to turn it off as it is handy in stop start traffic, or I am not paying attention, so I have to be aware of how I drive the car. Sometimes the car in front will stop suddenly and the system will want to brake quicker than I want to. Just doing it's job.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.