Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just leased one and wondering what are the best settings to get the system to sound the best. So far I'm a little unimpressed with the sound. Are there available upgrades or is it a big operation to upgrade the system. I'm surprised because I had a TL back in the early 2000's and remember it sounding pretty good

·
Super Moderator
651 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I think it's a matter of personal preference on the audio settings. For me, I've got the bass and treble a couple of notches up from the center position and the subwoofer at about 4 or 5 out of 6. I have the neural sound "on" and volume slightly weighted more towards the rear speakers than the front.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just leased one and wondering what are the best settings to get the system to sound the best. So far I'm a little unimpressed with the sound. Are there available upgrades or is it a big operation to upgrade the system. I'm surprised because I had a TL back in the early 2000's and remember it sounding pretty good
Welcome to the forum! I think it's a matter of personal preference on the audio settings. For me, I've got the bass and treble a couple of notches up from the center position and the subwoofer at about 4 or 5 out of 6. I have the neural sound "on" and volume slightly weighted more towards the rear speakers than the front.

Thanks, I'll try that

·
Registered
121 Posts
The Tech package includes the ELS audio. Is there something better?

·
Premium Member
4,859 Posts
Looking at the Acura website, the Tech, ASpec, and Advanced all have the same ELS sound system....for the ‘20 at least.

·
Super Moderator
651 Posts
Update to my previous posts with a couple of pics showing my settings (I was going by memory in my first post which was slightly off):

·
Registered
7 Posts
Update to my previous posts with a couple of pics showing my settings (I was going by memory in my first post which was slightly off):
My settings look basically the same as hmbecker3. I find the ELS system to be "alright." I wouldn't go so far as to call it great. I've tried audio from different sources to see if that made any signifiant difference. Apple Carplay, CD and the internal HDD, music all sounds about the same to my ears.

·
Super Moderator
651 Posts
A lot of people have complained about the bass and subwoofer being "weak". What I've found is that if you don't push the treble level up too high (notice I have mine set at one notch up from the neutral position), then it's not competing against the bass and therefore the bass low frequency capability is pretty good when set at its higher settings (according to my ears anyway!).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Actually sounds good to me now, maybe took a little while for my ears to get used to, only now I have a problem where the system doesn't stay on the source, say I'm listening to sirius on the car system, I get a message that says "the music has ended", I think there's some kind of conflict with the apple car play, don't know if I explained it well

·
Super Moderator
651 Posts
Actually sounds good to me now, maybe took a little while for my ears to get used to, only now I have a problem where the system doesn't stay on the source, say I'm listening to sirius on the car system, I get a message that says "the music has ended", I think there's some kind of conflict with the apple car play, don't know if I explained it well
I've got Android Auto and have only seen that same message when playing a source from Android Auto such as Pandora, IHeart Radio, Goople Music Play, etc. I've never seen that when playing Sirius XM Radio.

·
Registered
62 Posts
The audio system is really all a matter of what you're used to. It doesn't sound bad, per se, but it's not going to impress anyone. Obviously, the answer is a full audio upgrade but that can get extremely expensive, evidenced in particular by my system. Just depends how far you're willing to go with it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts