Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am planning on purchasing a 2020 tlx v6 sh-awd. The MSRP on the car is 39595 and I am offered 33100 before tax and tittle.

The deal looks good but I am seeing a lot of posts with transmission & engines issues from 2015 and 2016 models.

Do you think the 2020 model will addressed of the issues from the peior years?

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
1,072 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
Yes, there were lots of discussions about the 2015/2016 TLX. Please remember that one will only post about complaints and nothing (or very little) about how great their car is. Acura is still selling about 2000-3000 TLX a month! The 9-speed (ZF-9) is not only in the TLX, but also in the MDX and plenty of other Chrysler (Jeep) products. They had issues that were very much publicized and they got a bad reputation.
I can say that my TLX with the ZF-9 is pleasure to drive. I enjoy all the tech (from the Advance in the 2015 model year) but am a little jealous with the upgrades seen in the 2017+ model years.
I would consider the Tech or Advance packages. They really do make the vehicle complete in my mind.
In the end, it will be your test drive in the exact car you buy that will convince you to pursue your new ride.
Good luck with your decision.

Reactions: Gonzo

·
Registered
1 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
Yes, there were lots of discussions about the 2015/2016 TLX. Please remember that one will only post about complaints and nothing (or very little) about how great their car is. Acura is still selling about 2000-3000 TLX a month! The 9-speed (ZF-9) is not only in the TLX, but also in the MDX and plenty of other Chrysler (Jeep) products. They had issues that were very much publicized and they got a bad reputation.
I can say that my TLX with the ZF-9 is pleasure to drive. I enjoy all the tech (from the Advance in the 2015 model year) but am a little jealous with the upgrades seen in the 2017+ model years.
I would consider the Tech or Advance packages. They really do make the vehicle complete in my mind.
In the end, it will be your test drive in the exact car you buy that will convince you to pursue your new ride.
Good luck with your decision.
I have a 2015 AWD TLX with Tech & Advance and haven't had any problems.

·
Super Moderator
2018 Acura TLX, 8 speed DCT, Technology Package
1,095 Posts
Hello,

I am planning on purchasing a 2020 tlx v6 sh-awd. The MSRP on the car is 39595 and I am offered 33100 before tax and tittle.

The deal looks good but I am seeing a lot of posts with transmission & engines issues from 2015 and 2016 models.

Do you think the 2020 model will addressed of the issues from the peior years?

Thanks.
I think they've addressed the transmission issues with the newer models but for your own piece of mind, take the actual car your planning on purchasing on an extensive test drive to satisfy yourself.

·
Super Moderator
1,072 Posts
You got a great car. Add the details to your signature. P-AWS or SH-AWD?

·
Super Moderator
1,072 Posts
Yes, that is a great deal. New York state taxes added another $3000+ to my purchase!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts