Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2019 TLX A Spec
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all - new member here. This is my second post (first was about an unrelated item I was looking for some help on).

I have a 19 A Spec and ran into a weird audio issue I’m trying to fix.

a month or two ago my phone wouldn’t connect to Bluetooth randomly and after repairing everything seemed ok except my driver side front speaker wasn’t working. Tweeter is fine, everything else fine but one speaker not working. I cannot 100% confirm that it worked prior to this Bluetooth issue but I know I noticed it sounding different immediately after. The speaker does not crackle or anything else - no sound.
Anyways, plan is to take door apart and determine if maybe it’s not connected or try to check for voltage then hopefully order a new speaker if I am getting voltage and install a few days later.
I’m trying to figure out if there could be something else going on? Or what the likely cause may be? I’m trying to save money and time where I can. I know if I buy a new speaker and plug it in and that doesn’t fix it I won’t be able to return it. But I also don’t know if there are any other options?
Thanks in advance for your help!
Matt

·
Registered
2019 TLX A Spec
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I need to check the warranty booklet but was fairly certain only the power train was in effect. I’m at 40k miles and thought bumper to bumper was 36k.
Also, in all honesty I’ve become fairly jaded about things like this - I’d expect if they inspected it and told me it wasn’t covered then I’d owe a fee for their own inspection.

·
Registered
2018 Acura TLX 2.4L Tech pkg
36 Posts
Speakers do not get much of a voltage signal so not reading anything my not mean anything. I think I would pull passenger door panel also and swap speakers with driver and see what you get. Assuming panels are not a pain to pull.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I need to check the warranty booklet but was fairly certain only the power train was in effect. I’m at 40k miles and thought bumper to bumper was 36k.
Also, in all honesty I’ve become fairly jaded about things like this - I’d expect if they inspected it and told me it wasn’t covered then I’d owe a fee for their own inspection.
The Acura full warranty is 4 yrs 50k and power train 6 yrs 70k. It really depends on the dealership and your relationship with them. I think mine might not charge me if they weren't able to pin-point it. If the vehicle was still under warranty and they found the issue, then they'd most likely fix it under warranty. Though, they do need to be sure it's defective since they have to send the defective part back and if who they send it to determines it wasn't defective, for one reason or another, then the dealership doesn't get reimbursed and has to eat the cost.

·
Vendor
2016 Acura TLX
6 Posts
Hi all - new member here. This is my second post (first was about an unrelated item I was looking for some help on).

a month or two ago my phone wouldn’t connect to Bluetooth randomly and after repairing everything seemed ok except my driver side front speaker wasn’t working. Tweeter is fine, everything else fine but one speaker not working. I cannot 100% confirm that it worked prior to this Bluetooth issue but I know I noticed it sounding different immediately after. The speaker does not crackle or anything else - no sound.
Anyways, plan is to take door apart and determine if maybe it’s not connected or try to check for voltage then hopefully order a new speaker if I am getting voltage and install a few days later.
I’m trying to figure out if there could be something else going on? Or what the likely cause may be? I’m trying to save money and time where I can. I know if I buy a new speaker and plug it in and that doesn’t fix it I won’t be able to return it. But I also don’t know if there are any other options?
Matt
Greetings! Firstly, I'd suggest checking if the sound balance in your sound system is ok. Maybe you just set it to the passenger side. The next thing to advise is to try connecting to your music system using some different interface - an auxiliary cable for example. If you still facing the same problem just check the cables on your door speaker. If the door cables seem OK, try to disconnect the second speaker to the driver's side plug and see what happens next. If the speaker from the passenger's side working on your driver's side - go here and get your new speaker: Acura TLX 2019 Accessories and Parts at Truck&Gear.

Hope you'll find a nice solution, have a nice day!

·
Registered
2019 TLX A Spec
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks. Should have stated that the balance is fine and same behavior with all inputs.
If you’re going to link your website for a part shouldn’t you confirm that you actually sell the part (in this case, the speaker?)

·
Registered
59 Posts

Matt
Matt, my 2019 sh-AWD advance package have a problem too, my auto idle and auto start won't work, I have warranty so I drove back to the dealer, there is a recall on that issue, they (the dealer) said they (the dealer) update the soft ware and only a few hours everything works, wait till next day, same problem, this time my car won't lock the door, there is a long beep, don't know what it is, I can't repeat the problem either, sounds like we bought trouble from them, don't know what to do here. Please check before you even buy anything, wish your is still under warranty, if so check with your dealer,. My repair is s free maybe yours too. Good luck.
Richard

1 - 8 of 8 Posts