Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All

We just bought a 2019 TLX A-Spec V6 yesterday and the wife is already complaining that it's too quiet >:D What are the best exhaust options for the V6 and is there any difference between a 2018 and 2019? This is our first Acura in probably 10 years and the last car she had was a 2018 Camaro ZL1... Huge difference I know but she's been talking about a TLX for a while and the 4 doors makes loading 3 kids up soooo much easier. So far she loves the car but there's a few upgrades we need to do and an exhaust, intake and tune are high on the list. I'm no stranger to tuning but all of my tuned vehicles are Diesel.

Any input is appreciated as I've been out of the car game for a bit :crying:

·
Registered
305 Posts
It's really not a sports car, and certainly not anything like a Camaro. If you modify the exhaust and the intake you void the warranty. Live with it for a while and get used to it, I think you might begin to understand what it is better.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I must be getting old! Switched the 2015 TLX to a 2019 TLX A-Spec this month and really loving the sound from it! Nice low growl when accelerating. Didn't think it needed any more sound!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I gave up waiting. Just had my guy step up the factory tubes to 2.5 and put on Magnaflow mufflers. Maybe someday someone will make one. I used Vbands and had him weld flanges on the factory section I cut off so I can swap them back on when its time to turn the lease back in. I have tips to install as well. I did not realize at the time the whole bumper will have to come off to take the factory finishers off. Ill see what I can get done tomorrow. It sounds very nice and deep. I am happy.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
I gave up waiting. Just had my guy step up the factory tubes to 2.5 and put on Magnaflow mufflers. Maybe someday someone will make one. I used Vbands and had him weld flanges on the factory section I cut off so I can swap them back on when its time to turn the lease back in. I have tips to install as well. I did not realize at the time the whole bumper will have to come off to take the factory finishers off. Ill see what I can get done tomorrow. It sounds very nice and deep. I am happy.
Can you send a video of how this sounds? Please!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts