Acura TLX Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
After listening to your recording the service advisor says it sounds like it may be a transmission mount. They would need to verify that by hearing my car make the noise in person, which of course it didn’t. I will wait until it occurs more consistently before taking it back in. Estimated cost to repair the mount is about $400.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
That isn't tooooooo bad but I feel like that isn't the issue... keep us posted plez.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Yea not sure either,if I keep fan running weather for heat or ac doesnt do it because it idles a little higher,gonna make them listen to it again when I go for next service, @ 50% so may be a month or so from now.smh

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
No,nothing yet,will be taking mine back in about 3 weeks when have serviced,hopefully can get some kind of answer then.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Anhyone find out what the noise was from? I read another thread and another owner said it was the fuel pressure switch. My TLX makes that noise one and off would love to find out what is causing it too. Anyone know where the fuel pressure switch is? Perhaps one can replace it themselves... I would be willing to tackle it..

·
Super Moderator
867 Posts
Anhyone find out what the noise was from? I read another thread and another owner said it was the fuel pressure switch. My TLX makes that noise one and off would love to find out what is causing it too. Anyone know where the fuel pressure switch is? Perhaps one can replace it themselves... I would be willing to tackle it..
Not sure if what you guys are talking about is the same noise I experience. It occurs when I'm stopped at a traffic light with my foot on the brakes. If I lift my foot off, it goes away.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had this vibration issue also. It happened a few times after a long drive with elevation change, seemed to happen more in the cold remember it being winter. It was very intermittent and only occurred a few times. Issued occurred when car was in drive, did not do it in park or neutral. From my research I found that these 4 cylinder engines are not balanced due to the firing order and the crankshaft design, as a result there is a inherent vibration that in my situation was more noticeable when the rpms for whatever reason dropped lower than normal. Its been awhile since i've experienced the issue, service items I've done include spark plugs and transmission oil, and I did move to a warmer climate if that helps.

·
Super Moderator
867 Posts
I had this vibration issue also. It happened a few times after a long drive with elevation change, seemed to happen more in the cold remember it being winter. It was very intermittent and only occurred a few times. Issued occurred when car was in drive, did not do it in park or neutral. From my research I found that these 4 cylinder engines are not balanced due to the firing order and the crankshaft design, as a result there is a inherent vibration that in my situation was more noticeable when the rpms for whatever reason dropped lower than normal. Its been awhile since i've experienced the issue, service items I've done include spark plugs and transmission oil, and I did move to a warmer climate if that helps.
Welcome to the forum. From what you describe, it definitely sounds like a different issue than what I'm experiencing.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Listen to the audio clip at the start of this thread. Same sound on mine but on / off. The huey helicopter goes away as soon as I light press on the gas. I can't pin point what causes it (hot engine, cold engine etc) but at idle sometimes I have the same noise.

·
Super Moderator
867 Posts
Listen to the audio clip at the start of this thread. Same sound on mine but on / off. The huey helicopter goes away as soon as I light press on the gas. I can't pin point what causes it (hot engine, cold engine etc) but at idle sometimes I have the same noise.
Yes - I listened to that clip and the sound is similar, just can't be sure it's exacty the same as what I hear.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2018 tlx when stopped in drive has a rattle noise from front driver side,only when idle gets around 600 rpm,any one have this issue and know what may be rattling?
My 2018 tlx when stopped in drive has a rattle noise from front driver side,only when idle gets around 600 rpm,any one have this issue and know what may be rattling?
My 2016 TLX 2.4 tech does the exact same thing. It's smooth in N but it rattles when in D or R. Dealer said it's normal for 4 cylinder, it sucks 😕

·
Registered
1 Posts
glad i found this thread. I have the same exact rattle when i bought the car at 42k. 2015 TLX 2.4 tech. Brought it to the dealership when under warranty and they couldnt figure it out. Im now at 102k, rattle is a bit louder and still dont know what the issue it. anyone find a fix?

21 - 35 of 35 Posts