Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2018 tlx when stopped in drive has a rattle noise from front driver side,only when idle gets around 600 rpm,any one have this issue and know what may be rattling?

·
Super Moderator
728 Posts
My 2015 has no such rattle. Good luck is finding the source. Let us know what you find.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok,yeah gonna see if wife will be patient with me and sit in driver seat and hold on brake,it doesn't always do it,that's why havent brought to dealership yet,that and it's not that big of deal,just annoying.

·
Super Moderator
728 Posts
I drive my wife nuts with sounds. So much so that the kids will silence noticeable rattles when they're in the car with me!
Good luck!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not sure gonna check it out tommorow, wife wasnt wanting to help me tonight..lol

·
Super Moderator
728 Posts
Have you had a recent Oil change? If I remmber, there is a cover that needs to be removed to access the oil drain plug. Maybe it is now loose?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I drive my wife nuts with sounds. So much so that the kids will silence noticeable rattles when they're in the car with me!
Good luck!
Have you had a recent Oil change? If I remmber, there is a cover that needs to be removed to access the oil drain plug. Maybe it is now loose?
I did about a month or so ago,cant remember if noise started before or after tho.

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
Only the I4 has a plate to remove the V6 you don't have to remove anything.

If know what you mean about your wife not wanting to help... don't they understand... there is a rattle in my car! Must locate and stop!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Tried locating rattle/vibration noise with no luck,I cant here it in the engine bay or out side of car,put my ear to windshield by dashboard when outside of car can here it mildly,kinda sounds like coming from in between dashboard and firewall but really hard to tell,if I shake car slightly when in it,it stops for brief sec,then continues on,if I turn ac or fan on rpm,climbs to 700 rpm and stops.Grrrr

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yea will do in the morning, it has to be completely warmed up to idle low enough to vibrate enough to start rattling noise,usually right around 600 rpm .

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Went to dealership today,of course it really wouldnt do it...,me and tech sat in car for almost half hour,he said he thinks he knows what I'm talking about and it's been an ongoing complaint, but there not sure what to do to fix,and that acura doesnt either,he going to document and reach out to acura engineers and get back to me.smh

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
I have a noise simliar but hard to tell how similar. In my situation its the fuel injectors.... the TLX use very high pressure (like other cars) fuel injection... hence why from the outside of the car it sounds like Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have the same sound with my 2015 with 76000 miles. Comes and goes but started after last oil change. Working with the dealer now to determine what it is. Thanks for recording the sound.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts