Acura TLX Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Any updates on this? I have a 2018 TLX Tech Pkg. with same issue. Just found @threwarodinatlx post with updated bulletin. Calling dealership now. Curious if anyone has had luck fixing this horrible issue? Mine sounds like a backfire/pop on occasion.
Yes, I had this issue on my 2018 TLX, after taking it to the dealer and they update the software, issue is completely gone.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm leasing a 2018 Tech-Pkg TLX V6 since March 2018. At about 2-3 months ago I've been experiencing this weird transmission jerk, like trying to change into gear. It happens when I'm at 1 or 1.5 RPM and between 15-35 miles. It always happens when I'm in traffic (which in Texas that is every day), driving slow. Otherwise, it drives normal. I've tested it and it occurs in ECO, NORM, and SPORT mode driving.

Today I took it to Acura to have that checked and asked if by any chance there were any recalls. And yes, there is a Fuel-Pump recall with this model. They think that probably this transmission jerking could be contributing to this cause. Once they put it in their computer to run the necessary updates then see if that fixed the problem.

Has anyone experienced this transmission issue or fuel pump issue for 2018 - 19 models?
I just took my Acura in for the exact same problem they said apparently I had dropped crumbs on the button's and it will cause the car to shift wrong. They can clean it for like $300 which doesn't guarantee it will work or replace it for about $900 but they don't know when they could get the part in because it's on back order. Hmm I wonder why smh My car is still under factory warranty and extended warranty and neither one of them cover it. It was poorly designed. At least the one I bought. I also am in Texas

·
Registered
Pearl White, Red Interior, 2018 Acura Tlx Aspec V6 SH-Awd
1 Posts
just had my 2018 tlx aspec V6 awd transmission fail on me leaving work, stuck in Neutral, pushed it into the shop and scanned for codes, Tcm had set Dtc codes: P0730 Incorrect Gear Ratio and P0746 Clutch C Performance, Gear Box Failure, towed it to dealer to resolve under warranty.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm leasing a 2018 Tech-Pkg TLX V6 since March 2018. At about 2-3 months ago I've been experiencing this weird transmission jerk, like trying to change into gear. It happens when I'm at 1 or 1.5 RPM and between 15-35 miles. It always happens when I'm in traffic (which in Texas that is every day), driving slow. Otherwise, it drives normal. I've tested it and it occurs in ECO, NORM, and SPORT mode driving.

Today I took it to Acura to have that checked and asked if by any chance there were any recalls. And yes, there is a Fuel-Pump recall with this model. They think that probably this transmission jerking could be contributing to this cause. Once they put it in their computer to run the necessary updates then see if that fixed the problem.

Has anyone experienced this transmission issue or fuel pump issue for 2018 - 19 models?
Check out my post about this issue.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts