Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the same issue, I have 2018 TLX technology package, bought it used few months ago, and after few days of driving it I started feeling the transmission changing gear at low speed. I feel it the most around 30 MPH speed, didn't pay attention to engine rpm. But it feel like the transmission decide to drop to lower gear by itself, and the whole car shakes like you have been rear ended.
Took it to the dealer, they drove it around, could not duplicate the issue and returned it to me, so that was a waste of time
If anyone has ideas on what to do, please share

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks, this is encouraging
I researched the bulletin and it is similar issues to what I have, but their impacted vehicle does not include 2018 TLX, it stops at 2017 TLX, but includes MDX later models
Anyway, thanks for the help, I;ll try this approach

·
Registered
3 Posts
Any updates on this? I have a 2018 TLX Tech Pkg. with same issue. Just found @threwarodinatlx post with updated bulletin. Calling dealership now. Curious if anyone has had luck fixing this horrible issue? Mine sounds like a backfire/pop on occasion.
Yes, I had this issue on my 2018 TLX, after taking it to the dealer and they update the software, issue is completely gone.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts