Acura TLX Forum banner

2018 TLX 3.5L iPhone 11 compatible with CarPlay?

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  trywnbrnr 
#1 ·
Just bought 2018 tlx advance pvkg. I plugged a new Apple usb cord into the phone USB port and nothing happens. If I hit the smartphone button the screen says “initializing please wait” and stays on that screen. Nothing happens. Tried all the YouTube ideas and diff phoebe and cables. Acura dealer says the Acura website doesn’t have iPhone 11 listed as compatible ... is this true? Anyone have an 11 or newer and able to use CarPlay on their 2018 tlx ??? All help is appreciated!!

#2 ·
Very strange,'18 2.4L w/Tech here, I have a Pixel 4 so I use Android Auto but my wife has an iPhone 11 Pro Max and my daughter has an iPhone 11 and they both use Apple CarPlay w/out any issues. They use either iXCC or Apple USB cables and both work fine. iPhone 11 not compatible the dealer says, that sounds like a bunch of BS if you ask me.

#3 ·
Very strange,'18 2.4L w/Tech here, I have a Pixel 4 so I use Android Auto but my wife has an iPhone 11 Pro Max and my daughter has an iPhone 11 and they both use Apple CarPlay w/out any issues. They use either iXCC or Apple USB cables and both work fine. iPhone 11 not compatible the dealer says, that sounds like a bunch of BS if you ask me.
[/QUOTE
I agree with you ! Even my smartphone screen seems off. The Apple play and version is grayed out and unable to select anything but smartphone volume...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.