Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys!

I have a 2017 Acura TLX Tech Package with 26K miles.

Last night when I tried to start my car, the starter turned the engine over but was unable to fire up. I don't think it was the battery because the starter sounded pretty strong and I didn't notice any dimming of the lights. But my friend thought it was the battery so we hooked it up to jumper cables and tried to start it again with no results.

I suspect that this is an electrical or computer related problem and here are my reasons why..

• About a month ago, I was having issues with the radio/climate control not working normally. So while I was driving, the left side speakers will suddenly stop working. The music that I was playing from my iPhone was very low, but sounded normally in AM/FM. Also, I was unable to adjust the climate controls. The only way I could fix this is to turn the car off for 10 minutes and start it again. This same problem happened to me 3 times in 1 year.
  • A few days ago, I got into my car and started it up and I got a warning message that my key fob was not detected. I don't think it was the battery in my key fob because I changed it out 6 months ago. So I turned the car off and started it again, and the warning message went away. I assumed it was just some minor glitch in the system and carried on with my day.
  • Last night, I got into my car and tried to start it, the engine turned but it wont start. After the unsuccessful start, I noticed that my key fob stopped working. I pressed the lock/unlock door, and trunk release button, but the car will not respond to any commands. The little red light on the key fob does light up when I press the buttons. At this point, I decided to disconnect the car battery to reset the computer. After 10 minutes, I hooked the car battery back up and tested the key fob functions and it was working normally again. I tried to start the car again without any success, and right after that my key fob stopped working again. When I stepped out of the vehicle with the key fob and shut the door, the car sounded an alert to let me know that the key is still inside the vehicle. Which makes no sense to me because I was holding the key outside of the vehicle.. 🤷‍♂️
Right now, my car is just sitting there. I have no clue what the issue could be. There are no warning messages or check engine light. I am completely stumped!! 😞

What do you guys think it could be?

·
Registered
444 Posts
It sounds like your car might be under warranty. I would have a dealer troubleshoot this issue as it sounds like it could be difficult to diagnose.
Have you tried pulling any codes from it?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't have the tool to pull codes right now. But I will call the dealership tomorrow to see if they can help me with this issue. Hopefully they've seen this before and can help me get this car running again.

·
647 Posts
Certainly let the Acura Service department take a look at this issue. Look at the codes if that will curb your appetite. You have a good warranty on this product. My daughter, who worked at Honda, said that Acura owners exercised their warranty more than Honda owners. We expect more and do not hesitate to demand it!
Good or bad, let us know what you find out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay so my mechanic was finally able to troubleshoot the issue. It seems that the problem was a defective ECU. They replaced the 1st gen with a 2nd gen version. Hopefully this will help somebody out there who's having the same issue that I had. Happy late thanksgiving!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts