Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I just bought a 2016 TLX Tech Advance AWD model and the steering wheel controls don't seem to be working. Neither the right or left side scroll wheel seem to work, I can't cycle through any of the sys info screens or use any of the buttons. The cruise control buttons seem to work fine. Has anyone experience similar issues? If so, is there a DIY fix? I searched for any fuses related to the steering wheel controls and don't see anything directly related in the manual. Any help is greatly appreciated!

·
Super Moderator
872 Posts
Sounds like a loose wire somewhere. You'll have to take out some of the trim pieces to get to the harnesses behind the steering wheel. Press all the connectors together.
Good luck, and welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Before checking wires, what exactly are you trying to do when trying to use the left/right scroll wheel? Which Sys info screens are you referring to?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Before checking wires, what exactly are you trying to do when trying to use the left/right scroll wheel? Which Sys info screens are you referring to?
Thanks so much for replying. I was trying to reset the maintenance alert through the right scroll wheel and am unable to cycle through the menus. Then I noticed that my volume scroll wheel wasn't working either and neither do the phone control buttons directly next to it. However, cruise control works fine. I was thinking it might be a fuse directly related to these controls but going through the list of fuses, there's nothing that hints at steering wheel instrument controls.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds like a loose wire somewhere. You'll have to take out some of the trim pieces to get to the harnesses behind the steering wheel. Press all the connectors together.
Good luck, and welcome to the forum.
Thanks for replying, that's what I thought originally as well. Do you think it could be a fuse? Have you had a similar issue?

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
First I have heard of an issue like this... either something is disconnected or a switch assembly is bad would be my guess - keep us updated.

·
Super Moderator
872 Posts
Thanks for replying, that's what I thought originally as well. Do you think it could be a fuse? Have you had a similar issue?
Looking at the Owner's manual, in the Fuse section, I do not see a listing for the steering wheel controls. There are some entries that I cannot discern their purpose, so it may be a fuse (but I doubt it).
If it just started NOT working, think back to what could have happened that caused this issue.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks like to it might be a bad telematics control unit. Has anyone had any similar issues ?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts