Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2016 I4 Tech - Fathom Blue Pearl w/ chrome trim blackouts, Enkie Vulcan wheels, remote start & more
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just did the first oil change on my 2.4L TLX, draining the oil fully and changing the filter. Adding 4.4 quarts of oil, running for a minute or two, then allowing 5 minutes to settle resulted in the oil barely covering the "low" mark (hole). Waiting longer resulted in no change. When measuring the old oil removed, I net just about 4.75 quarts. Has anyone had a similar experience? Any idea what's going on?

Thanks.

·
Registered
103 Posts
The difference of ~0.35 qts I imagine is due to in combination the old oil being hot and therefore expanded in volume, and some volume from dilutants and contaminants. That is not uncommon. Nothing to be concerned about. Just fill the new oil to the top “max level” hole on the dipstick or if the dipstick has crosshatching, to the top of the crosshatching.

·
Registered
2016 I4 Tech - Fathom Blue Pearl w/ chrome trim blackouts, Enkie Vulcan wheels, remote start & more
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply, #11. I expanded my searches over breakfast to include "Honda 2.4 dipstick reading wrong," and got much more information. Apparently, it is not uncommon for the 2.4 to take up to 5 quarts to get to the "full" mark. With 4.75 qts, I'm halfway between them (or I think I am. MAN this smooth-polished dipstick is hard to read!).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts