Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
Welcome to the forum Art. We are glad that you joined.

The mileage is no real problem if it has been well maintained. Make sure that the 100,00 mile recommended maintenance has been performed.

That model had 1 recall, so make sure that it was performed.

Reactions: Ant248

·
Super Moderator
1,054 Posts
Is a 2016 Acura tlx with 111,000 miles for $15,000 worth buying?
Which trim line is it? 4cyl? V6? Technology package? SHAWD? or just the base model?

Reactions: MarcoTLX

·
Registered
39 Posts
I bought my TLX advance with 85K miles for $15,800 about 6 months ago. I could not be happier with my purchase (St. Louis MO.). The only service I had done was the transmission fluid change as there was no record of this being done before. To keep the cost down find a good independent shop. I find the sport mode is ideal for shifting with the 9 speed. I plan on keeping the car for at least 5 years. Good luck.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I bought my TLX advance with 85K miles for $15,800 about 6 months ago. I could not be happier with my purchase (St. Louis MO.). The only service I had done was the transmission fluid change as there was no record of this being done before. To keep the cost down find a good independent shop. I find the sport mode is ideal for shifting with the 9 speed. I plan on keeping the car for at least 5 years. Good luck.
Looks like you got your with lower miles at a good price

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

The mileage is no real problem if it has been well maintained. Make sure that the 100,00 mile recommended maintenance has been performed.

thanks for the help

·
Registered
2016 Acura TLX V6 Tech Package
141 Posts
Doesn't sound like a bad price and you said its a V6 so not bad at all, I bought my 2016 TLX V6 for $18.6k @ 66k miles before taxes and tags and titles. now mines might seem slightly overpriced but it came with Acura's Certified Pre-Owned certification so I came out good imo

·
Super Moderator
1,054 Posts
It’s a 6cyl fwd
The V6 with the ZF 9-speed transmission in the first few years had some woes. Based on what others in this thread have said they paid, and you described this as the 6 cyl FWD (no tech pkg?) I'd see if I could haggle to get it down another $800-$1200. Also, see if there are records of any service bulletins being applied to improve the transmission shifting and last but not least, take it on an extensive test drive to assess the smoothness of the tranny. Good Luck!

Reactions: Ant248

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The V6 with the ZF 9-speed transmission in the first few years had some woes. Based on what others in this thread have said they paid, and you described this as the 6 cyl FWD (no tech pkg?) I'd see if I could haggle to get it down another $800-$1200. Also, see if there are records of any service bulletins being applied to improve the transmission shifting and last but not least, take it on an extensive test drive to assess the smoothness of the tranny. Good Luck!
Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
that’s a stretch.... it depends on if they kept all the work up on the car and have proof to show. Also what did the miles come from highway? Vacation?
I have a 2017 TLX and my miles are 54k

·
Registered
5 Posts
that’s a stretch.... it depends on if they kept all the work up on the car and have proof to show. Also what did the miles come from highway? Vacation?
I have a 2017 TLX and my miles are 54k
It’s a V6 and the kbb value just for trade in is 16k ... look more into it or find another one

·
Registered
135 Posts
As I said previously, make sure the timing belt, water pump and tensioner service was done. These are zero clearance engines, belt breaks, big $$ out of your pocket to fix!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts