Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello Fellow 2015 TLX Owners,

It has come to be that time and my extended warranty expires in roughly a week's worth of driving (1000km's). I have a two part question for this thread;

1. Do I extend my coverage, I'm looking for the opinions of others based on my driving habits?

2. What do I want to look for and try to get fixed at my service appointment this week?

I purchased the car second hand in April, 2017, with approximately 40,000 km's on it and have since driven roughly 60,000 km's. When I bought the car it came with 100,000 km's of warranty coverage with the option to extend the coverage. At my last service I got a price for another 100,000 km's of coverage, 7 years 200,000 km's. The price I got was $3078+tax. Unfortunately I will chew through that coverage in less than 2 years. So my question for the group is, in the next two years does anyone think it's likely I will get $3078 worth of work done that would be covered under warranty? Also, what do we feel is a fair negotiated price for the warranty extension?

If I chose to not extend my coverage, I have one last service under warranty next week. What should I specifically look for before my service? As it stands right now I don't have any pressing issues. 2nd to 3rd shifts are a bit rough in the cold, but that seems to be standard with the V6.

Thank you all for your help

·
Registered
6 Posts
If I chose to not extend my coverage, I have one last service under warranty next week. What should I specifically look for before my service? As it stands right now I don't have any pressing issues. 2nd to 3rd shifts are a bit rough in the cold, but that seems to be standard with the V6.

Thank you all for your help[/QUOTE]

I'd get the techs to look at the transmission for sure I just bought a 15' V6 Base with 21,260 miles and mine was shifting hard in 2nd and 3rd. I kept insisting until they dropped in a new transmission under warranty. I've read that the 9-Speed ZF is unpredictable.

As for spending the $3078 I would say its a hit or miss IMO. If you have kept the car up to date on its regular maintenance I think it should be good.

My 2 cents, hope it helps. :)

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
Its all how you feel if you will sleep better at night, then get it. IMHO I never purchase the extended warranty... and thus far from all my cars never needed it. Its a Honda so the odds are in your favor.

·
Super Moderator
527 Posts
Its all how you feel if you will sleep better at night, then get it. IMHO I never purchase the extended warranty... and thus far from all my cars never needed it. Its a Honda so the odds are in your favor.
Agreed! Plus the 4 yr/48000 mile warranty is a full year and 12000 miles better than most manufacturers new car warranties.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts