Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have the 2015 V6 version and Im interested in installing coilovers. I’m just wondering how/if they will affect the sport and sport+ modes since they tighten thr suspension when in the mode. I was researching but didn’t find anything on this car. Some people have said their car no longer will go into sport mode due to error since there is no longer a connection, some say nothing is affected. Has anyone installed Coilovers and can help me out?

·
Super Moderator
950 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
I'm not familiar with coilovers. From what I know about the IDS modes, they tweak the "feel" of the steering and change shift point. Others may have more info, but you can check the owner's manual for more.

·
Registered
3 Posts
So I have the 2015 V6 version and Im interested in installing coilovers. I’m just wondering how/if they will affect the sport and sport+ modes since they tighten thr suspension when in the mode. I was researching but didn’t find anything on this car. Some people have said their car no longer will go into sport mode due to error since there is no longer a connection, some say nothing is affected. Has anyone installed Coilovers and can help me out?
Not sure if you're still looking to install coilovers, but I have the Bc racing coils on mine for almost a year now (7/8k miles). If they're installed right you will have no problems switching IDS modes. Since the coils, in S/S+ the car feels like it's on rails and handles really well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts