Acura TLX Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The new TLX is going to have smaller dimensions and more power.

A new 3.5-liter V6 engine will replace the current 280 hp 3.5L V6 and 305 hp 3.7L V6 offerings.

Sportier dimensions and more power should make for a beautiful little mid-size luxury sedan.

Are you happy to hear that the TLX will be shrinking?

·
Registered
317 Posts
Very happy to hear this, the current TL is a big and if there's anything it needs it was downsizing and a more powerful engine. Any idea what a possible hybrid powertrain might be?

·
Registered
228 Posts
No idea on the hybrid power train but I think that the smaller size will be welcome. Smaller reads as sportier often times, and if it goes faster as well I think that will be the take away from this decision. That move could work well for Acura since it tends to have "boring" luxury sedans. A sportier more compact sedan could make the brand seem a bit younger and more cool.

·
Registered
727 Posts
No idea on the hybrid power train but I think that the smaller size will be welcome. Smaller reads as sportier often times, and if it goes faster as well I think that will be the take away from this decision. That move could work well for Acura since it tends to have "boring" luxury sedans. A sportier more compact sedan could make the brand seem a bit younger and more cool.
Smaller allows them to make it more more sporty but will they? Acura tends to hold back on things. I think they'll just work off of the current TL platform and just downsize it to a point it will work as a TSX and TL in one.

·
Registered
430 Posts
smaller does not mean sportier. the FIAT 500 is one of the smallest cars available and the only thing sporty about it is that it could be used as a soccer ball in a pinch.

TLX should get a hybrid, Accord has a hybrid

·
Registered
251 Posts
smaller does not mean sportier. the FIAT 500 is one of the smallest cars available and the only thing sporty about it is that it could be used as a soccer ball in a pinch.

TLX should get a hybrid, Accord has a hybrid
The Fiat 500 was never trying to be sporty though. It depends if Acura wants to make the TLX sporty. The smaller size can make it easier to look sporty, but it is not an immediate result of making the vehicle smaller. If they are making the engine go faster though, it would match with the changes that they have already announced.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.