Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2015 TLX, first owner. Always service between 20% and 10% oil life only at dealership. Its now at 60%. This morning it would not start. Displayed several issues: traction system failure, Break system failure, Lane Keeping Assist system failure, Head light problem with one side on and the other off then the alternate on next start. Lights are very bright. No low battery indicator. No other problem history. It is about 98k right now. What are your thoughts?

·
Registered
473 Posts
I second the battery, especially if it is the original one on your 2015. Mine gave out last year...but I had fully drained it twice in the past by accident.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I second the battery, especially if it is the original one on your 2015. Mine gave out last year...but I had fully drained it twice in the past by accident.
Mine was replaced in 2017 due to the battery dying out without a cause. It had been parked overnight at home and it could not start the next morning. The dealership replaced it because it was still under warranty. This would be my second. But thanks.

·
Premium Member
4,859 Posts
Let the group know one way or the other if it was the battery or something else. Two/three years seems to be how long the ones from Acura last.

·
Super Moderator
651 Posts
I own a 2015 TLX, first owner. Always service between 20% and 10% oil life only at dealership. Its now at 60%. This morning it would not start. Displayed several issues: traction system failure, Break system failure, Lane Keeping Assist system failure, Head light problem with one side on and the other off then the alternate on next start. Lights are very bright. No low battery indicator. No other problem history. It is about 98k right now. What are your thoughts?
Oh, BTW - welcome to the forum. You'll find multiple threads around here about short life batteries. Don't be surprised if it's the battery even though you replaced the original back in 2017.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry for the late response. It was the battery. When I took it to Walmart it had some charge but it had been severely drained so I just went ahead and bought a new one instead of charging an aging battery. It started right up.

Thanks for your suggestion. Have a great Memorial Day weekend.

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Wow that is good but also scares me that the TLX can't throw up a message before it gets that point... I feel like one should file an NTSB report for that that have had this issue.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts