Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a Rebuilt Vehicle just got done with the repairs. Everything was repaired using the OEM parts but at last the electrician could not address this error / problem.

Any idea on what causes this light to stay on ? How to fix it ?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
781 Posts
Have you hooked up a scanner to check for a trouble code?

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is a Rebuilt Vehicle just got done with the repairs. Everything was repaired using the OEM parts but at last the electrician could not address this error / problem.

Any idea on what causes this light to stay on ? How to fix it ?
Can you please let me know if you figured it out? I have the same issue.

Thank you so much

·
Registered
2018 TLX SH-AWD Elite
2 Posts
Just got this error message too. Car runs fine otherwise. Happens the first time the idle stop kicks in. Once the car starts back up this error message is thrown. No other issues. Resets once car is turned off but comes back again. Just started doing this yesterday. Thank you.

·
Premium Member
4,988 Posts
I hate to always blame the battery but I know my Idle Stop starting acting up when my battery needed to be replaced. If you haven’t had it replaced yet, it may be something to consider.

·
Super Moderator
1,032 Posts
I hate to always blame the battery but I know my Idle Stop starting acting up when my battery needed to be replaced. If you haven’t had it replaced yet, it may be something to consider.
We should start a "symptom list" of all the potential warning signs of imminent battery failure. I'll bet there's at least ten!

Reactions: andre12dbsi

·
Registered
2018 TLX SH-AWD Elite
2 Posts
Spoke with the service manager today. Car is going in within a few days so will report back. He said it is typically one of 3 things:
#1. They need to do a "reset" of the idle stop. I think they pull the battery for 10 mins or so.
#2. The battery
#3. A sensor (I forget what...idle sensor?), but they don't normally have the part in stock and needs to be ordered if that's the cause.
He did not say it was the starter as I asked if that could be the issue.

Because I saw the error on the dash I'm suspecting a code was thrown to the computer that the OBD scanner should pick up to further diagnose.

The service manager said most of the time a "reset" fixes it but I find that odd - maybe temporarily fixes it but there's likely another issue.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts