Acura TLX Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my seats preset for both 1 and 2 drivers. When I exit the car (me being Driver 1) the seat only goes back about 2 inches. How can I set the seat so it goes back farther-my 2006 Acura TL always did. I went to the dealer and they told me that this was a preset feature. I had a hip replacement and the little bit the seat goes back doesn't help me. I don't see why I should have to press Driver 2 to have it go all the way back. Any comments would be appreciated!

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Welcome to the Forum

I have my seats preset for both 1 and 2 drivers. When I exit the car (me being Driver 1) the seat only goes back about 2 inches. How can I set the seat so it goes back farther-my 2006 Acura TL always did. I went to the dealer and they told me that this was a preset feature. I had a hip replacement and the little bit the seat goes back doesn't help me. I don't see why I should have to press Driver 2 to have it go all the way back. Any comments would be appreciated!
Welcome to the forum! I see this is your first post.

We hope to hear more from you.

In regards to your question, maybe someone else can chime in. Personally I have not found a way to make the seat go back further.

·
Registered
666 Posts
The seat is either fixed or moves back on exit based on Driving Position Setup settings. I will try to remember to check if mine goes all the way back (I suspect that it does).

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
The seat is either fixed or moves back on exit based on Driving Position Setup settings. I will try to remember to check if mine goes all the way back (I suspect that it does).
One problem for me, if it went all the way back, I wonder if I could reach the brake pedal to start the car? It would be nice if brake hold would take care of that. :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
One problem for me, if it went all the way back, I wonder if I could reach the brake pedal to start the car? It would be nice if brake hold would take care of that. :)

The wife already stated this issue, she said that the seat is to far back when I was the last driver in it...so I told her( get your own car and stay out of my new TLX) lol

And it is the same for me when entering the car after her. need to wedge myself between the sit and the steering.

This would of been solved if the steering would move as well..

·
Registered
222 Posts
How tall are you?

I'm 5'11 and find that in a lot of mid-sized sedans I sit in and have the seats pushed all the way back... i can reach the pedals easily enough. Haven't tried in the TLX.

·
Registered
666 Posts
The wife already stated this issue, she said that the seat is to far back when I was the last driver in it...so I told her( get your own car and stay out of my new TLX) lol
The seats should adjust to the required settings based on the remote that was used to open the door. So your remote sets your seat position and her remote sets her seat position.

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
The seats should adjust to the required settings based on the remote that was used to open the door. So your remote sets your seat position and her remote sets her seat position.
My seat doesn't move into position till I start the car. I have to stretch (a little) to push the brake and then push the start button. :)

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
How tall are you?

I'm 5'11 and find that in a lot of mid-sized sedans I sit in and have the seats pushed all the way back... i can reach the pedals easily enough. Haven't tried in the TLX.
5'7"

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
I'm not saying this is a fix, but if the seat is too far back for the driver to reach the brake (i.e driver 2), hit the start button to put the car in accessory mode. Once you do, the seat slides into position. When in position, press brake and button to start. Just a possible workaround.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Good tip, easy way to get it back into a "default" position, which you can then adjust from their, sure makes it easier than being way off.

·
Registered
666 Posts
It seems like the seats move back about 2" on exit and not all the way back. If this is too much then the settings should be used to not move the seat back. I know this does not help anyone who needs the seat to go all the way back. No solution for that.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.