Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I noticed the other day after some pretty hard rain that the rear driver side floor was soaking wet. It seems that it's just the floor - the carpet along the side floorboard rail was dry, as was the seat and rest of the interior. I checked my sunroof drains and they all seem to be draining properly. I've not done any sort of water tests aside from the sunroof drain. Has anyone had a similar issue with a 15 TLX, and recommended fix?

·
Super Moderator
636 Posts
Have you checked all the rear drivers door seals and window seals? Could any of the door drains be clogged? It's not uncommon when loading or unloading cargo, for something to catch on the door seal and rip it or tear it loose a bit which can cause a water/air leak. Have you noticed any air noise in that area when traveling fast on a windy day (when wind noise would be the loudest)?

The normal test for something like this is: Find a high pressure touchless car wash. Put someone in the rear drivers seat with a strong flashlight. If you have a rear floor mat, remove that and anything else in that area. Pull drivers seat up as far as possible to give you as much space in back seat as possible. If you can pull up the rear carpet too, do that. Then as you go through the car wash use the flashlight to find where the water is coming in. This is where I would start. You may find that the dribble is coming from the front and moving toward the back seat or perhaps coming from the very rear and moving toward the back seat, or coming in on the passenger side and moving to the drivers rear side. You just never know with a water leak, so look for any clues. Again, this is the first step to try and get a general idea of the area of where the water leak is, this won't alway solve the problem on the first try. Let us all know what you find.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have this problem too and it was just after the replaced my rear window (I have the 2015 blue obsidian which was recalled for paint).

They tried telling me I must have driven through water as the entire floor is soaked (the back seat bottoms are too which leads me to believe its leaking from above)(no other parts of the car are wet)

Anybody have any ideas or thoughts?

·
Super Moderator
728 Posts
That's a mystery. How about a leak in the sunroof? Is the headliner wet/stained?
The doors actually are triple sealed. It's a pretty tight fitting too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts