Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
2015 rear conversion

Any updates on the conversion? Did they just straighten out the exhaust pipes? Did the body shop order all of the parts needed?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Here it is
Looks awesome! The rear of the A-spec is the one thing I like about the refreshed TLX, otherwise I'm actually not a fan of the new look. I'd love to do a similar conversion, but the A-spec isn't avail in fathom blue; I'd have to get the bumper painted.

Is the bumper bolt-on, or did it require any other modification or fabrication?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thanks. Yeah I love the aspec rear. Graphite luster metallic is not available on the newer models only is call something else. I had my body shop guy match my car’s color. And the bumper he said no modifications at all.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I would say about $1000 if you don’t have a buddy who can get the parts at cost.It cost me less because the guy who did it for me is a friend of mine and sold them to me at cost and didn’t charge me that much to paint it and install it. And it’s a 4 cylinder.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I actually just ordered that 2018 rear bumper for my 15 v6 I’m just waiting for it to arrive but it should just be bolt on with and just a few modifications needed done to the exhaust. I’m still looking for some nice exhaust tips to go with it

·
Registered
48 Posts
I actually just ordered that 2018 rear bumper for my 15 v6 I’m just waiting for it to arrive but it should just be bolt on with and just a few modifications needed done to the exhaust. I’m still looking for some nice exhaust tips to go with it
Hey - have you done this conversion yet? Would love to see pics.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Here it is
What’s up just saw your post with the 2018 rear. I have. 2016 and want to do the same thing. I’m in Maryland also can you please introduce me to the guy who did your rear bumper please?!? My car is black copper pearl and I am definitely interested in having this done to my car!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I would say about $1000 if you don’t have a buddy who can get the parts at cost.It cost me less because the guy who did it for me is a friend of mine and sold them to me at cost and didn’t charge me that much to paint it and install it. And it’s a 4 cylinder.
I just saw your post about the 2018 rear I have a 2016 and I’m also in Baltimore Maryland and I’m very interested in getting this for my car. Can you please introduce me to the guy who did yours? I really want this for my car. Your car is awesome very nice.

·
Registered
28 Posts
What’s up just saw your post with the 2018 rear. I have. 2016 and want to do the same thing. I’m in Maryland also can you please introduce me to the guy who did your rear bumper please?!? My car is black copper pearl and I am definitely interested in having this done to my car!
Hey sorry for the delay I don’t usually check for messages here yeah I can contact you with the guy but he’s work is not all that great he paints outside and the place where he does it don’t look like a body shop either like I said he charges cheap. Idk if you want to still do it. But is not terrible either

1 - 20 of 40 Posts