Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my new TLX yesterday. The iPod integration with my iPhone 6 seems a little wacky. It's not letting me control the pause/play from the touchscreen but it will let me skip songs from the screen and the steering wheel. I push pause or play on the touchscreen and it doesn't work. I have to do it on my phone. Anyone else having this problem? Any ideas?

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

I just got my new TLX yesterday. The iPod integration with my iPhone 6 seems a little wacky. It's not letting me control the pause/play from the touchscreen but it will let me skip songs from the screen and the steering wheel. I push pause or play on the touchscreen and it doesn't work. I have to do it on my phone. Anyone else having this problem? Any ideas?
Welcome to the Forum! I see this is your first post.

Congrats on the TLX. What cylinder and color did you get?

I have heard of some Apple issues. They may have been posted somewhere in the forum. Maybe someone will chime in and you can commiserate or resolve your issue.

I have a Galaxy S4 with 4.4.4. So far texting works great on the TLX. Could not get email to work, but I think text connectivity is all I need.

Good luck.

Maybe upload some pics when you get a chance? :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Iphone 6 IPod compatibility issues

I have the same exact problem. Has anyone found a fix for this yet?

·
Registered
4 Posts
The newest iPhone update (8.1.3) that came out a few days ago seems to fix this issue. Most of the problems that you've been experiencing with the iPhone has been Apple's fault.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same Problem...

It doesn't appear the problem has been fixed with the new apple IOS. Even with the latest, 9.0.2, the pause and play button do not work.

·
Premium Member
4,998 Posts
I have my iPhone 6 (iOS 9.0.2) connected via USB cable. I have selected the iPod audio source.

I can skip songs, and I can pause and play from the car's display.

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

It doesn't appear the problem has been fixed with the new apple IOS. Even with the latest, 9.0.2, the pause and play button do not work.
Welcome to the Forum! Glad to see your first post. :)

What are you driving?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have the same setup, and sometimes it just acts screwy. I had just upgraded my phone to ios 9.0.2 and afterwards I plugged my phone in and it was all messed up, the audio was all distorted and crazy sounding. So I restarted my phone and that seemed to do the trick.
My biggest beef is that as soon as I get in my car and plug my phone in (and my music starts playing) it will automatically pause after about 5-10 seconds and I have to hit the play button to get the music going again. If it could not do that every single time, that'd be great. Anyone have a fix for that?

·
Super Moderator
1,007 Posts
I have my iPhone 6 (iOS 9.0.2) connected via USB cable. I have selected the iPod audio source.

I can skip songs, and I can pause and play from the car's display.
I have a similar setup as @andre12dbsi but my "old" iPhone 4 is my permanent iPod source connected via USB. I believe the iOS is only 7.x, but I can pause, skip, etc...

When parked in the garage (the norm), it can connect to my house and get updates to all the songs without removing it from it's little "cubby" in the TLX.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I have a similar setup as @andre12dbsi but my "old" iPhone 4 is my permanent iPod source connected via USB. I believe the iOS is only 7.x, but I can pause, skip, etc...

When parked in the garage (the norm), it can connect to my house and get updates to all the songs without removing it from it's little "cubby" in the TLX.

*SAME but with my old iP5. Just got the 6S and love it. Repurposed my old iP5 to an iPod for the car. Love being able to sync from iTunes without removing it. Plus when I'm out and about I can tether it to my 6S and use iTunesMatch/ Apple Music to get new music.

If you can purchase an old iPhone and use it as an iPod. :)

·
Super Moderator
1,007 Posts
*SAME but with my old iP5. Just got the 6S and love it. Repurposed my old iP5 to an iPod for the car. Love being able to sync from iTunes without removing it. Plus when I'm out and about I can tether it to my 6S and use iTunesMatch/ Apple Music to get new music.

After I stripped out all the unnecessary apps, I can get quite a bit of music into that 32GB iPhone4.

Also, many trips to the library (to get CD's) and I'm loading up the HDD. It's strange when I listen to broadcast radio and have to listen to those commercials!!

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts

Great Idea! Thanks!

I found a reason to use my old S4. I listen to audio books and pandora. Great to sync up in the garage over wifi.

I wonder, can I also pair my S6 for when I get phone calls? S4 can do everything else.

·
Registered
148 Posts
You can have more than 1 bluetooth connection but only 1 can be active at a time to the car (bluetooth chipset implementation).

I keep the WiFi active on the iP5 (garage/iTunes sync) and have my iP6S profile in the phone for hotspoting from cellular connection (have a giant dataplan due to family - 15Gb/$100).

1 - 20 of 22 Posts