Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my name is Jason and I’m a legal assistant with Gibbs Law Group. We filed a lawsuit in CA concerning issues with the dual clutch transmission in in the Acura 2015 TLX i4. If you have any questions about the case, please call one of our auto attorneys at (510) 350-9712.

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

Hi, my name is Jason and I’m a legal assistant with Gibbs Law Group. We filed a lawsuit in CA concerning issues with the dual clutch transmission in in the Acura 2015 TLX i4. If you have any questions about the case, please call one of our auto attorneys at (510) 350-9712.
Welcome to the Forum! Glad to see your first post. Hope you can share some information with our members. Especially those experiencing the issue.

I am guessing you don't drive a TLX? :eek:

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
A bit of shameless self promotion or a service?
I was wondering that myself. I wanted to give him a chance to make a follow-up post that shows he can contribute something useful to the group.

Let's see what happens. Hopefully it's not a hit and run, so to speak. >:D

·
Registered
520 Posts
Could you please post a copy of the what you filed?
This would help everyone find out what the lawsuit is specifically for and if anyone else is having the same problems.

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Let's hope this gets resolved. Permanently. I'm sure that there will be additional updates for those of us experiencing some trouble. Acura will get it right at some point.;)

·
Registered
93 Posts
Is there any update on this issue? I also experienced this problem once.
NOTICE of Voluntary Dismissal filed by plaintiff Roger Kornfein. Dismissal is without prejudice. (Gibbs, Eric) :crying:

Mine had this problem too, shifting/transmission relearn was done at the dealership, still happened a little bit now it doesn't happen or I don't notice it. Still scares me though. :eek:

·
Registered
236 Posts
That just means Acura most likely settled with Kornfein. Some sort of confidentiality agreement was likely signed, which would explain the lack of the case status update on here.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Interesting reads in this thread. I have noticed some hesitation depending on the situation and rough jerky shifts when it's cold yet. However it doesn't seem too far off the dct in my vw gti I had. I will try out some of the scenarios folks stated here. I do have to wonder how much is it just being a dct......

1 - 16 of 16 Posts