Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I discovered an app for iPad the other day that looks like it would be very useful for both people in this forum who are thinking about getting a TLX and those who already have a TLX but still have a lot of questions about taking command of it. I would think that the app is also available for Android and Windows tablets. It was published by Acura and is obviously a marketing tool but does contain a lot of useful information. After the app is opened you get a screen that has three tabs at the top. The first is "Explore" which is blatant advertising for the TLX. The next tab is "Operate" which those of us on this list who have a TLX parked on their driveway will find very useful. It has several videos that aren't very long but do a good job of explaining the various touch screens and controls. I found this especially useful in learning how to use the "shortcut" screen. The third tab is "Compare" and provides a comparison in some videos, side-by-side pictures and commentary between the 2015 TLX, the 2014 Audi A4 Premium plus, 2014 Lexus IS 250, 2014 Cadillac ATS 2.5 Luxury, 2014 BMW 328i, 2014 Lexus ES 350 with Luxury Package, and the Infiniti Q50 Premium. This is really useful for those who may be considering a TLX but may also be considering one of the above mentioned cars. The last tab on the home screen is "Accessories" which tells you what is available from Acura to add on.

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
I discovered an app for iPad the other day that looks like it would be very useful for both people in this forum who are thinking about getting a TLX and those who already have a TLX but still have a lot of questions about taking command of it.
What is the app called? I only found one so far in Google Play Store but it doesn't sound the same as what you are talking about.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.acura.TLX&hl=en

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Name of App

Sorry, I omitted the name of the app in my first post. The name is "2015 Acura TLX Virtual Tour". The only adverse issue I have had with the app is that there is no sound with the videos. I think that has to do with the fact that I am using a second generation iPad with the latest operating system and the sound seems to get screwed up on it with some apps - like this one. I was able to project it to my Apple TV via Airplay and the sound was good.

The videos are very clear and informative.

I am pretty sure that Acura has probably developed those apps for Android and Windows, too. There are also similarly named apps for some of the other Acura models.

One other point: The comparison cars are all 2014 models but the reason for that is that the 2015 TLX came out in mid year and the equivalent cars at that time were 2014.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Speaking of Apps, it looks like Acura has a pretty awesome one out for the new ILX. For ILX with the premium package, you can connect your phone via HDMI and buy the $60 Nav App, and it will mirror it on the second screen.

Wish the TLX had that option for those without Tech pkg!

·
Registered
666 Posts
I discovered an app for iPad the other day that looks like it would be very useful for both people in this forum who are thinking about getting a TLX and those who already have a TLX but still have a lot of questions about taking command of it. I would think that the app is also available for Android and Windows tablets.
Pretty sure it only exist for iPad, and is definitely not in the Windows or Windows Phone Store.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Since Acura seems to have partnered with Apple to use Siri I guess they may have only made the app for iPad - it is not available for iPhone. Too bad that they haven't put it on Adroid or Windows. It is a pretty good marketing tool. I have found some of the videos (but not all) available on You Tube. Search "Acura TLX how to" and they should show up in the results. That is a good tutorial for those who have the TLX and are trying to get a better idea how to drive it, but doesn't help those who are thinking about a TLX and wanting to compare without actually going to various showrooms to test drive.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Speaking of Apps, it looks like Acura has a pretty awesome one out for the new ILX. For ILX with the premium package, you can connect your phone via HDMI and buy the $60 Nav App, and it will mirror it on the second screen.

Wish the TLX had that option for those without Tech pkg!

Man this looks awesome.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Thanks for that knowledge about the iPad virtual tours app. I learned a few things in there.

Reactions: Summest and Wade
1 - 9 of 9 Posts