Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a 2015 TLX 4-Cylinder the day before Thanksgiving last year. Since then, it has occasionally hesitated from a stopped position. I press on the gas then a 2 second delay then the car moves. Unless I "gun" it then it moves. The vehicle behind has almost run into to me twice at a stoplight. Usually I have to give it alot of gas so I don't get hit from behind. I have also had the problem, again from a stopped position, of the transmission (I assume) trying to shift into a gear that it can't get into. A big jerk with no increase in RPM'S. Enough for everybody to say, "what the **** was that". That happens after I slowly roll out of a stopped position. I have taken it to the dealer 3-4 times and everytime they say they can't duplicate it and they look at me like I am from outer space. Never hearing of a car doing that before. Today I had an investigator come out and ride with me. Of course it doesn't do anything. It makes me sick that I spent all this money on a so-called luxury vehicle. It does ride amazing once it goes. There is no way out of this rabbitt-hole. I am stuck with this vehicle, or I should say my wife since I got it for her for Christmas. What a joke! I have contacted the National Highway Safety Commission with a compaint since it is dangerous when the vehicle doesn't go. I might have to pursue the Lemon Law here in Washington State. After reading other sites I know I am not the only one experiencing this. Nothing will get done until somebody gets injured or dies then it will take years of litigation. The joke too, is the dealer asks me if it was warmed up. How do you warm a car up without driving it? It isn't a diesel, which I have. It isn't like I am going to start a brand-new luxury car in the driveway and "wait" until it warms up. It has done this both cold/hot. The dealer even had the audacity to ask me if I am using my left foot for the brake. They act like they don't know. I traded in our Infinity for this and never had this problem. In fact I have never had this problem on ANY vehicle I have had. Give me a break Acura. I am making it a point to voice this problem on any site that pertains to the TLX, the Great Little Car that could have been.

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

I purchased a 2015 TLX 4-Cylinder the day before Thanksgiving last year. Since then, it has occasionally hesitated from a stopped position. I press on the gas then a 2 second delay then the car moves. Unless I "gun" it then it moves. The vehicle behind has almost run into to me twice at a stoplight. Usually I have to give it alot of gas so I don't get hit from behind. I have also had the problem, again from a stopped position, of the transmission (I assume) trying to shift into a gear that it can't get into. A big jerk with no increase in RPM'S. Enough for everybody to say, "what the **** was that". That happens after I slowly roll out of a stopped position. I have taken it to the dealer 3-4 times and everytime they say they can't duplicate it and they look at me like I am from outer space. Never hearing of a car doing that before. Today I had an investigator come out and ride with me. Of course it doesn't do anything. It makes me sick that I spent all this money on a so-called luxury vehicle. It does ride amazing once it goes. There is no way out of this rabbitt-hole. I am stuck with this vehicle, or I should say my wife since I got it for her for Christmas. What a joke! I have contacted the National Highway Safety Commission with a compaint since it is dangerous when the vehicle doesn't go. I might have to pursue the Lemon Law here in Washington State. After reading other sites I know I am not the only one experiencing this. Nothing will get done until somebody gets injured or dies then it will take years of litigation. The joke too, is the dealer asks me if it was warmed up. How do you warm a car up without driving it? It isn't a diesel, which I have. It isn't like I am going to start a brand-new luxury car in the driveway and "wait" until it warms up. It has done this both cold/hot. The dealer even had the audacity to ask me if I am using my left foot for the brake. They act like they don't know. I traded in our Infinity for this and never had this problem. In fact I have never had this problem on ANY vehicle I have had. Give me a break Acura. I am making it a point to voice this problem on any site that pertains to the TLX, the Great Little Car that could have been.
Welcome to the Forum! I am glad to see you made your first post.

Hopefully this is not your last post. :)

Good luck with your issue.

·
Registered
10 Posts
LeroytheLips, I have had the exact same symptoms with the exact same response from the dealer. It is really discouraging that Acura would use such a suspect transmission in what is otherwise a beautiful car. If you are able to get it fixed, please let us all know. In the mean time, I am hanging on for dear life waiting for the car to lurch! Good luck!

·
Registered
228 Posts
Is this the problem with the transmission that was talked about before, or is this something different? Hopefully you can get it fixed. if you trade it in with the Lemon Law, would you try another TLX or would you switch to a different brand because of your bad experience?

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have to be frank, reading about issue after issue with these driving problems are starting to really push me away from the TLX... especially after I read that they slightly increased the MSRP recently.

·
Registered
423 Posts
MSRP was increased on all Acura's apart from the TLX in Canada. Price went up $300 on other vehicles and stayed as release for TLX. Did they bump it in the states?

I have had a few jerky lower gears in the cold mornings the last week on my 4 banger! Its quiet the push when it happens!

·
Registered
666 Posts
I have to be frank, reading about issue after issue with these driving problems are starting to really push me away from the TLX... especially after I read that they slightly increased the MSRP recently.
So the handful of detractors with their multiple posts have won. Too bad, that will be your loss.:eek:

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Wine with my meal

The MSRP when I bought the car, before it came out, was an introductory price, I believe.

I figure as an early adopter, who has worked as a beta tester on their product / my car, I feel I (we) deserved some extra credit. I, along with many other early adopters, brought up many issues to the forefront for Acura.

I have not had any issues since week 4 and my tranny is great, but when they do fix the tranny issue, the future owners will have a much easier ride.
:)

Too bad we didn't get an Acura Early Adopter or Acura Beta Tester t-shirt.

·
Registered
40 Posts
The MSRP when I bought the car, before it came out, was an introductory price, I believe.

I figure as an early adopter, who has worked as a beta tester on their product / my car, I feel I (we) deserved some extra credit. I, along with many other early adopters, brought up many issues to the forefront for Acura.

I have not had any issues since week 4 and my tranny is great, but when they do fix the tranny issue, the future owners will have a much easier ride.
:)

Too bad we didn't get an Acura Early Adopter or Acura Beta Tester t-shirt.
I am not familiar with the auto industry - in reference to your comment "when they do fix the tranny issue", is this something that auto companies do? For example, a 2015 Acura TLX purchased 3 months from now could conceivably come with fixes that the ones sold in 2014 didn't have?

·
Registered
40 Posts
So the handful of detractors with their multiple posts have won. Too bad, that will be your loss.:eek:
It's not just the "handful" I see here... but the boatloads of issues I read on Acurazine's message boards. Trust me, I want the TLX to be successful just as much as anyone since I like just about everything in the car. But if it's going to continue to have a history of issues higher than the average, well that's gotta play a factor into the purchase decision now doesn't it.

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
I am not familiar with the auto industry - in reference to your comment "when they do fix the tranny issue", is this something that auto companies do? For example, a 2015 Acura TLX purchased 3 months from now could conceivably come with fixes that the ones sold in 2014 didn't have?
I surely hope the new ones work out of the box. :)

But I also hope and expect those who have issues now will have them resolved by Acura.

Personally I don't have a tranny issue, but know others who are having issues.

I am not sure of the scale of good tranny to bad tranny; but I feel if you have an issue, you are more likely to post.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts