Acura TLX Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A new press release about the upcoming TLX gives us a whole bunch of buzz words that Acura is using to describe their TL/TSX replacing sedan. Here are some snippets from the press release:

"more emotional"

"tidier, sports sedan proportions"

"more athletic"

"the perfect blend of style and muscle"

"elegant, well-proportioned"

Now I'm not sure that these are the exact words I would use to describe a car I wanted people to get excited about, but good try Acura.

Read the full article from Jalopnik here.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'll be at the show for the reveal, and I have high hopes. Only thing that I'm sad about is that the press release states the car will have an "all new transmission." Just one transmission. So likely no clutch pedal? I'm a manual guy through and through. Guess we'll see what happens.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Well the 6MT might stay the same

And the ALL NEW TRANSMISSION could be either a CVT or a new automatic.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well the 6MT might stay the same

And the ALL NEW TRANSMISSION could be either a CVT or a new automatic.
Greetings from a new member who is starved for new TLX info, much like the rest of you I assume! As to the post from 5Gs, heaven forbid any possibility that a numb, low excitement CTV could even be the slightest possibility for this car, lets all agree that the three letters "CVT" NEVER be repeated again on this forum!!!

·
Registered
339 Posts
with the way honda is going you never know

Acura has done some stupid things in the past

My faith in them have dropped to a level where no auto maker wants to be.

I HOPE they get the TLX right. More importantly. I hope the TLX is a car that will win back all of those buyers who liked the 3rd gen look but hated the 4th gen look (like 90 percent of buyers lol)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I simply loved the edgy styling of my former 2005 3G TL, but when it came time to trade 4 years later, I just flat lost any necessary emotional connection to the new style of the 4G... Doesn't mean it wasn't a nice car and well equipped like all Acuras are, its just that for me, I have to have that feeling of "auto as art" satisfaction that comes with smart, clean and emotionally compelling design. Let's hope that inside and out, that feeling will once again be realized via the new TLX design.... if it does, I will once again be in the chase as a future Acura customer, at least I can hope it all comes together with the TLX .

·
Registered
3 Posts
The other aspect of Acura turning the corner for enthusiast out here who are in the market is the obvious need for the brand to expand its exterior color palate choices and interior leather options too.... Acura lags far behind the other premium brands with respect to so few exterior and interior color options; MB, BMW, Audi, etc, have so many interesting and individualized colors ranges and choices that it really gets frustrating when you can't find a desired color/interior combination for the Acura brand... It's one more thing that's likely to turn off wanna be suitors for this car, and again gives the impression of a half ass attempt to please their potential customers... Lets hope we get a full range of nice colors and premium interiors to choose from as well as kick ass engines !!

·
Registered
339 Posts
I am ok with the black or tan interior choices personally

I just struggle to see what acura meant when making these statements

They are so general and broad.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Black works for me since I have a family, kids and a tan interior is a bad mix.
Black hides a lot of things.
I got luck once and spilled coffee on my black carpet, thankfully it wasn't tan!

Will keep my future fun car in tan

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.