Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the productionized 2015 Acura TLX is slowly starting to make its rounds on the testing circuit.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I'm afraid that once they dumb down the concept a little it will become super boring. Hopefully they keep some of that grille design and don't make the car look just like a Honda Accord once its done. Though I wouldn't be surprised by Acura doing something like that at this point.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Do you mean that you want to make the front grille black instead of chrome? I think that Acura was a bit heavy handed with the chrome on the TLX concept. Unfortunately that was the only exciting thing about the design.

Tough decision: Keep the chrome and look ugly or get rid of it and look boring.

·
Registered
339 Posts
now it REALLY looks like an oversized ILX.

Its got some ILX. TSX and RLX

Where did the TL go? LOL

MISSING
If found please call 1-800-I LOST ACURA

·
Registered
727 Posts
Do you mean that you want to make the front grille black instead of chrome? I think that Acura was a bit heavy handed with the chrome on the TLX concept. Unfortunately that was the only exciting thing about the design.

Tough decision: Keep the chrome and look ugly or get rid of it and look boring.
I'm just not a big fan of the beak, there are things i would change about it, but there are also things about it that I like. Blacking it out helps a lot to make it look better to me. Its something i would do once i take delivery.

·
Registered
339 Posts
it depends on the color of your car

some colors look strange with the front blacked out

and please dont plasti dip it

have it painted gloss black..

·
Registered
260 Posts

I think that this body color isn't doing the TLX any favors either It is kinda a hospital gown blue color. It really makes the car look older I think.

·
Registered
727 Posts

I think that this body color isn't doing the TLX any favors either It is kinda a hospital gown blue color. It really makes the car look older I think.
I doubt it sold in good numbers, i never seen that color TL on the road and i've seen a lot of TL's of that gen on the road.

·
Registered
339 Posts
They are out there.

i've seen a few

The 2013 TL sold OK.

Not fantastic and nowhere near the numbers of the 2004-2006

·
Registered
727 Posts
i know last production years of the current TL will be what people will be looking out for a lot on the used car market, they will be the best of that generation

1 - 16 of 16 Posts