Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2015 Acura TLX small overlap IIHS crash test - YouTube

The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety has awarded the 2015 Acura TLX its Top Safety Pick+ award.

The TLX got acceptable performance in the challenging small-overlap test, good ratings for four other crashworthiness trials, and a superior rating for front-crash protection.

In regards to the small overlap test (which usually gives automakers the most problems) the organization said, "Measures from the dummy sensors indicated that injuries to the left lower leg would be possible, but the risk of other injuries in a crash of this severity was low."

Acura said in a statement:

"The TLX joins the RLX flagship sedan and MDX sport-utility vehicle in earning top marks from the IIHS, making Acura the leader among all luxury brands with the most 2014 TOP SAFETY PICK+ rated models.

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Wow! What a cool slow motion shot. I still grimaced when I heard the crunching sound at the beginning. I hope this is the only crash I see. :)

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
At least we know we will be relatively safe in the event of a crash. It must kill auto makers to have to give these authorities cars knowing that all they are going to do is crash and destroy them. Or perhaps the authorities have to buy them.

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
At least we know we will be relatively safe in the event of a crash. It must kill auto makers to have to give these authorities cars knowing that all they are going to do is crash and destroy them. Or perhaps the authorities have to buy them.
True. It's sad to watch a perfectly good car treated this way. :)

But sacrifice one to save many!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.