Acura TLX Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Strange. They pulled the article. It was up earlier today. The listed some wrong pricing and spec information so maybe they are updating the article...

They even have a link under the news tab of their website but also takes to a landing page instead of the article.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I was not much of a review.....a couple of comments and very general. Maybe a draft outline that was not supposed to be published. Supposedly there is an embargo until Monday, but some word is leaking out.

·
Registered
10 Posts
"awesome sport luxury"? They used words like 'disconnected' and 'pushed at the limit'. These are not terms used to go do battle against the almighty 3 series. :eek: Then again, everyone's steering sucks now since the move to electric assist :( and with a big V-6 parked over the front axle, understeer is a given for Acuras (NSX being the exception hopefully).

I do have some trepidation over the lousy 0-60 mph time achieved and also the hesitation they note when getting underway. I am very interested in the TLX as an AWD entry level sport - lux sedan but it needs to get the sport part down. The pricing, excellent infotainment system and quiet ride are all good things. The 9 speed slushbox is (I'm assuming here) the same ZF unit used by Chryler/Jeep. Those applications are horrible (I drove a grand cherokee as a rental recently and it was an AWFUL job of programming or shift logic or something) so hopefully Acura sent it to finishing school and made sure that it has better manners these days.

Sorry - didn't mean to sound like Debbie Downer above. I'm just anxiously awaiting the TLX's arrival like everyone else. A serious test drive by me and some more reviews should help solidify opinions.

·
Registered
14 Posts
ZF 9s transmission looks like a plus on the V-6. I will wait to judge 0-60 when they get the real measuring equipment on it. The TLS was faster (5.9) with a 5 speed and about the same weight (3623 v 3596 listed) and 286HP so I would think the 9 speed would be able to beat that. Rear leg room is only .5 inch less in the TLX than the TLS which is not as bad as I first thought.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Now that the embargo is over, more reviews are being posted and yes - they look MUCH better. In other applications, ZF has tightened up their gearing 1-4, 5th remains 1:1 and then 3 (or in this case, 4) overdrives for highway economy. Should allow for a pretty short 1st gear and good off the line acceleration from a dead stop. Plus AWD typically gets more of the power down and more than makes up for increased weight with improved traction on the 0-60 sprint.

C&D had high praise for the base motor and 8 speed DCT though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.