Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
The new RLX style headlights would be nice. The existing TL stops at 3.7L. Would I be crazy to ask for a larger motor? Of course having standard SH-AWD would be nice.

An even nicer interior than the existing 4th generation. I think it might be too much to ask for a hybrid but that would be nice too. Keep the 6 speed manual!

·
Registered
222 Posts
The new RLX style headlights would be nice. The existing TL stops at 3.7L. Would I be crazy to ask for a larger motor? Of course having standard SH-AWD would be nice.

An even nicer interior than the existing 4th generation. I think it might be too much to ask for a hybrid but that would be nice too. Keep the 6 speed manual!
asking for a bigger engine is asking for too much, it will make acura seem more confused than it currently is with it's brand. However the RLX can use a bigger engine since it's a flagship model. I think it would be badazz with a 4.0 and up V8

·
Registered
339 Posts
I'm not entirely sure how much of the power makes it to the rear wheels in the SH AWD but if they could tune the AWD system in the TL to be sportier (more power to the rear) that would be something simple that would be well reviewed.

·
Registered
339 Posts
nvm found it.
SH-AWD operating parameters include:

• Up to 90 percent of available torque can be transferred to the front wheels during normal cruising.
  • In hard cornering and under acceleration, up to 70 percent of available torque can be directed to the rear wheels to enhance vehicle dynamics.
  • Up to 100 percent of the torque sent to the rear axle can be applied to either rear wheel, depending on conditions.
I think they can go more aggressive than this. I always read that SH AWD doesnt work in first gear.. Maybe thats why our 0-60 isn't the best. If they sent 70-80% of the power to the rear wheels in first gear hard acceleration the 0-60 would be much better. I'd be interested in knowing what parameters are required to activate power to the rear wheels.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts