Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

Waiting for my TLX to arrive shortly and trading in my 2012 TL. I just hapoened to have winters that have dual bolt patterns 5x120 and 5x114.3 what luck! My question is: Do the TPMS Sensors work in the current TLX from the previous 4gen TL. Sensors are installed from Acura.

Thanks!

·
Retired Moderator
2019 TLX
2,315 Posts
Welcome to the Forum

Hey everyone,

Waiting for my TLX to arrive shortly and trading in my 2012 TL. I just hapoened to have winters that have dual bolt patterns 5x120 and 5x114.3 what luck! My question is: Do the TPMS Sensors work in the current TLX from the previous 4gen TL. Sensors are installed from Acura.

Thanks!
Welcome to the forum! I see this is your first post.

I am not TPMS savvy, but I am sure many others will jump in soon.

·
Registered
130 Posts
That is pretty fortunate. If you could test yours out when you get yours, and post your findings, that can answer the question for everyone.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Yes, please let us know if these work! I am trying to get my set of winter rims ready in advance and figuring out the TPMS sensor compatibility is really difficult since the car is so new.

Just found someone who had a set of TLX sensors for sale: http://acurazine.com/forums/car-parts-sale-361/acura-tlx-2015-tpms-sensors-918903/

Apparently the part number is different, and given the P/N has TZ3, I'm guessing the sensors are TLX specific.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok. So i installed my winters from 4G TL.

4G = 5×120 bolt pattern and M14x1.5 lug nuts

TLX = 5×114.3 bolt pattern and M12x1.5 lug nuts

4G TPMS Sensors do not work on the TLX. I am getting the TPMS error messages. However the good news is i can turn off traction control which wasn't possible on the 4G TL. It was the only reason i added TPMS Sensors to the 4g TL otherwise i would have been stuck in snow which I have once in the biggest snow storm i remembered while driving. Now if someone knows how to clear the TPMS Error message and keep it off that would be great.

·
Registered
666 Posts
I do not believe there is way to turn it off. There is the constant orange warning signals, the error message in the MID, and then the diagnostic errors that come up on the lower screen. A real PITA. I am not aware of any after market announced yet for the TLX, but there are the occasional posts about people selling TLX sensors.

I strongly recommend that you get some installed. It is a safety measure and you never known when you will need it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just wanted to update this with another/more cost effective option. TireRack now has the aftermarket TLX sensors (the box the sensor came in was stamped with Honda on it) - $35 each/all four for $140. Just had them installed today on my winter setup, and they work perfectly. Hope this helps save others some money...

·
Retired Moderator
2019 TLX
2,315 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

Just wanted to update this with another/more cost effective option. TireRack now has the aftermarket TLX sensors (the box the sensor came in was stamped with Honda on it) - $35 each/all four for $140. Just had them installed today on my winter setup, and they work perfectly. Hope this helps save others some money...
Welcome to the Forum! I see this is your first post.

What vehicle are you driving? :)

·
Registered
509 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.