Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I hope this isn't a preview of the overall reliability of my 2022 TLX Aspec, but the driver's puddle light is flickering after two months and less than 2000 miles. I haven't abused it, although I have driven it in light rain.

I assume this is covered under the normal warranty, right? The finance guy at the dealership said it might not be because they would claim it wasn't a manufacturer's defect. Is that possible?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They better cover it for you. See my post in a couple threads below about my experience. Good luck

Puddle light is def a known issue with no steady fix.
Thanks. Is it likely to it take them a long time to figure out what to do when I bring it in for diagnosis, or will they be able to say "I see we're going to need some new bulbs" or the like? I'm sure we'll need an appointment to get it fixed after they have diagnosed it, but since we live 100 miles from our dealer, we'd like to minimize the total number of trips.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks. Is it likely to it take them a long time to figure out what to do when I bring it in for diagnosis, or will they be able to say "I see we're going to need some new bulbs" or the like? I'm sure we'll need an appointment to get it fixed after they have diagnosed it, but since we live 100 miles from our dealer, we'd like to minimize the total number of trips.
You should just be able to call them and tell them you need warranty service on the puddle lights and they can make an appointment for you to get it done in one trip. They are very aware of the issue.

·
Registered
2021 Acura TLX Type S
6 Posts
As you seen many others have the same issue which Acura is aware of this issue, keep doing a bandaid fix for it. I’ve filed a complaint against them regarding it. Granted it might be a minor issue for some but I’m paying over $50k for a vehicle I want everything to be working.

·
Registered
2021 TLX Type S
50 Posts
Hi all,

I hope this isn't a preview of the overall reliability of my 2022 TLX Aspec, but the driver's puddle light is flickering after two months and less than 2000 miles. I haven't abused it, although I have driven it in light rain.

I assume this is covered under the normal warranty, right? The finance guy at the dealership said it might not be because they would claim it wasn't a manufacturer's defect. Is that possible?
Mine failed the same night I brought the car home for the first time, its a well known issue, I didn't even bother taking it to the dealership yet, I am waiting for someone to publish a video on how to replace the puddle lights so I can do it myself, and do it right once since Acura seems to be unable/unwilling to do it

·
Registered
1 Posts
i have had mine replaced they didnt have in stock of course so the gave me a loan over good friday weekend so I didnt mind at all so far so good. They did have to replace whole mirror on LH side due to faulty actuator.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi all,

1 - 11 of 11 Posts