Acura TLX Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. What do you think of this look? This dealer seems to have installed 20's and then put the Aero kit. Im debating going with this look or perhaps the 19's from Acura with or without the kit.

Instagram
Instagram
Instagram

·
Registered
727 Posts
Not a fan of the wheels in black but overall the car looks great.

I think a set of vossens in their original finish would look great on the TLX

·
Registered
228 Posts
I like the wheels in black when the TLX is also black. The little bit of white/chrome on the wheels matches well with the chrome body work as well. I think I like it better than the original rims that you can see in these photos as well.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Oh wow I'm into the Aero kit, brings it much closer to the concept look. Never been a fan of the murder look, but definitely go with the kit Elite!

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh wow I'm into the Aero kit, brings it much closer to the concept look. Never been a fan of the murder look, but definitely go with the kit Elite!
Ya i'm debating which look to go with. I find the black wheels looks a little too gangsta for my taste.... but its bad ass at the same time.

The kit with Acura's 19in rims is also nice though. I currently have the kit on my car right now... how ironic...

·
Registered
430 Posts
Ya i'm debating which look to go with. I find the black wheels looks a little too gangsta for my taste.... but its bad ass at the same time.

The kit with Acura's 19in rims is also nice though. I currently have the kit on my car right now... how ironic...
If the wheels were gunmetal instead of murder it would be PURE class. Whats the cost on the kit?

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If the wheels were gunmetal instead of murder it would be PURE class. Whats the cost on the kit?
$3200, the wheels have a gunmetal mix. On top of that, you KEEP the original 18inch rims with tires!!! Its a no brainer, but limited time offer till they run out.

I test drove one yesterday with the kit, I'll post some pictures in another thread!

·
Registered
260 Posts
You keep the original rims and tires? So do you keep them, or would you want to sell them to try to get some of your money back?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Never heard of that practice. If you opt for the optional wheels you keep the original equipment wheels??? I don't know if that's believable. What would the average person do with the extra set of wheels??? Almost no one puts snow tires on a car any more. The price of the optional wheels is so steep that I'd kind of believe you don't forfeit you old wheels. I don't understand why the options on this car are so unreasonably high. Fog lights are $1,000. Spare tire is $500. You can easily reach the $45K price if you aren't careful. I took a different approach and stayed with the base model with minimal add-on's. My car was about $32 out the door. If you option out a Honda Accord it can reach that price. And I have an Acura instead of a Honda.

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Never heard of that practice. If you opt for the optional wheels you keep the original equipment wheels??? I don't know if that's believable. What would the average person do with the extra set of wheels??? Almost no one puts snow tires on a car any more. The price of the optional wheels is so steep that I'd kind of believe you don't forfeit you old wheels. I don't understand why the options on this car are so unreasonably high. Fog lights are $1,000. Spare tire is $500. You can easily reach the $45K price if you aren't careful. I took a different approach and stayed with the base model with minimal add-on's. My car was about $32 out the door. If you option out a Honda Accord it can reach that price. And I have an Acura instead of a Honda.
Its a promotion, there's only 200 launch kit editions here in Canada. We have mandatory snow tires, so I don't have a problem with that, but I use crappy rims in the winter. I rather sell the tires and rims and make up some $$ for that kit. The kit is actually worth like over $5000.

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You keep the original rims and tires? So do you keep them, or would you want to sell them to try to get some of your money back?
Going to probably sell them, I already have brand new michelin tires and basic rim for winter. PLUS the 19" rims come with Michelin Pilot Sport tires, which are reallly good tires. Its a great deal!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Going to probably sell them, I already have brand new michelin tires and basic rim for winter. PLUS the 19" rims come with Michelin Pilot Sport tires, which are reallly good tires. Its a great deal!
I'm in the same situation: Launch Kit 19" and stock 18" wheels, as well as a set of 17" rims with winter tires from my Gen4 2010 TL. My initial thought was to use my existing 17s for the winter and sell the stock 18s. However, my dealer said the Gen4 rims won't fit on the TLX (can anyone confirm this?)
If this is the case, the 17" rims&tires will be sold, the tires from the stock 18s will be sold and replaced with winter tires.

On further thought, I think I'm going to do this regardless of whether or not my old 17s fit the TLX. My 17" rims are aftermarket and have been through 4 winters already. I'd prefer an OEM rim (typically better build quality and durability) for winter use.

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My dealer also confirmed to me that the bolt pattern is different from the 4th gen TL's. Yea I think its a good idea to run the winters on the 18". Or simply buy the basic rims they sell for winter for a few hundred, and sell the 18''. You'll probably spend more to pay for 18" winter tires, and usually the narrower, the better in winter they say..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.