Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone found that he cannot access all of his songs on his iPhone when hooked to USB. (I am sure I will not encounter this issue.) :D

·
Registered
681 Posts
Wow...what a bizarre limitation! Could explain some of the posts, but no one had posted this actual errori dont think. Only at 8000 of my favourite songs right now.

Omg reminds me of ms-dos, but i dont want to age myself...

Reactions: Summest

·
Registered
251 Posts
THat is weird but at the same time there is no way you'll listen to that many songs so it could just be a sign that you should edit down the music on your phone or ipod.

·
Registered
681 Posts
THat is weird but at the same time there is no way you'll listen to that many songs so it could just be a sign that you should edit down the music on your phone or ipod.
You havent met my daughter.....its about the library, and listening to 20 seconds of every song...:eek:

Reactions: J233

·
Registered
181 Posts
I listen to the Grateful Dead, so I figure the limit will be about 200 songs since each one is approximately 11 minutes long...some 45 minutes. I know for many people the limit of Grateful Dead songs is 1 or less. Strange that it is listed as limited by number of songs and not time or hd space...approximate based upon a 3 or 4 minute song?

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I listen to the Grateful Dead, so I figure the limit will be about 200 songs since each one is approximately 11 minutes long...some 45 minutes. I know for many people the limit of Grateful Dead songs is 1 or less. Strange that it is listed as limited by number of songs and not time or hd space...approximate based upon a 3 or 4 minute song?
There could be other limits we have yet to learn about. @r.johnson and I found that there is a 4 GB limit on the size of files that can be played. I believe that was the limit. From what I remember, anything 3 GB or less would work fine. Of course, 3 GB MP3s are not the standard size.
:)

Let us know if you discover any other limits.

I do have MP3 files greater than 4 GB, but I doubt if I can ever reach the 20,000 track limit. As yourself, I have select tastes.
:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts