Acura TLX Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Retired Moderator
2,315 Posts
Thanks that was a good review.

I didn't realize that all of the windows are auto-up and down. Everything else I knew but it was a good review. Also glad to hear another review that the 4 has enough power and is fun to drive.

·
Premium Member
4,796 Posts
That is a great review. Hopefully it translates into the future owners opinions as well. It's not the first one I've seen where they say the 4 cylinder is the model to get.

I'd be curious If they feel the same for the V6 SH-AWD models.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
181 Posts
I took the i4 DCT out today for a quick test drive. The DCT was very smooth and quick, and in Sport + mode the car was very responsive. Car would hold the rpms very high in Sport +....lots of fun. In Normal mode it drove very well. Quiet and smooth. I drove the V6 a couple of weeks ago, but I think that I will have to make an appointment and test drive each back to back to really feel the difference. My 3G has 174,000 miles, but the monthly payments of $0 have an appeal. Will probably hold onto TL for at least one more year and see what tweaks Acura does to TLX if any.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I opted for the I4. So far I love it. My 2005 TL had the nice V6, but I seldom needed the power of 270HP. The I4 has 206HP and is fine. I'm also really satisfied with the smooth and quiet response of the I4. Honda makes a really nice I4.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Indeed, its a space constraint thought. Because the DCT has a torque converter theres not enough space for a transverse V6...

·
Premium Member
4,796 Posts
I'm going to have to take the 2.4 for a drive to see how similar it is to my Si. It has the same engine with roughly the same HP. I love that engine in my Si so hopefully it translates the same to the TLX.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I really wanted to love this car but in the end I was not all that impressed. I finally got to drive the 2.4 and it was very quiet and smooth but there was absolutely no "wow" factor. I ended up buying a Honda Accord and while there really isn't much of "wow" factor there either, it was about 9K less expensive. I actually like the way the exterior looks better than the TLX.

·
Premium Member
4,796 Posts
heavier car though no, will be interesting...
Yes by about 500lbs. 2992 for the Si and 3483 for the base TLX. Should be interesting for sure.

We're talking about two different cars too though. The TLX is meant to be more refined. I'm not expecting as sporty as a drive as I have now. I'm getting too old to be feeling each bump like I do in the Si. It is a fun car though.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I really wanted to love this car but in the end I was not all that impressed. I finally got to drive the 2.4 and it was very quiet and smooth but there was absolutely no "wow" factor. I ended up buying a Honda Accord and while there really isn't much of "wow" factor there either, it was about 9K less expensive. I actually like the way the exterior looks better than the TLX.
I considered an Accord also, but the TLX is such a nice car with great value. You COULD option out an Accord and it would almost reach the price of a base level TLX. With the TLX you have much different looks and design. I can tell you there is a great difference walking into an Acura Dealer instead of a Honda dealer. Acura service (if you ever need it) is just amazing.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.