Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought in Nj

Paid $30150 (included Pro Packsge - wheel locks, mud/splash guards, and cargo trunk tray, supposedly a $399 value. This is all pre ttl

Thoughts on the price paid?

·
Registered
666 Posts
It's what you paid so just enjoy the car and do not second guess if it is low or high. There will always be someone who has gotten a better deal because the rep needed the sale or they were a long time customer etc.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Yea I was just wondering if I got had bad or if I paid about average? I am not the best negotiator, and just want to make sure what I paid was fair and I wasn't taken advantage of!

This price included the "destination charge" of $920.

·
Registered
438 Posts
check edmunds or kbb's price info

should tell you the average buying price for each car

·
Registered
10 Posts
Bought in Nj

Paid $30150 (included Pro Packsge - wheel locks, mud/splash guards, and cargo trunk tray, supposedly a $399 value. This is all pre ttl

Just bought a white base 4cyl last week for $29,300 plus TTL. No Pro Package, but the car included window tints, wheel locks (already installed on the car), and 5 free oil changes. But I'm sure deals vary based upon region and availability.

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

Just bought a white base 4cyl last week for $29,300 plus TTL. No Pro Package, but the car included window tints, wheel locks (already installed on the car), and 5 free oil changes. But I'm sure deals vary based upon region and availability.
Congratulations and welcome to the forum! Sorry I missed your first post.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Great Price! Did your price include the destination fee? I assume the pre TTL includes that

·
Registered
10 Posts
Great Price! Did your price include the destination fee? I assume the pre TTL includes that
Yes, destination included. It came out to $31,446 OTD. 6.25% tax + dealer doc fee & title/reg fee. 1.75% financing for 60 months.

We have 4 Acura dealers locally. Kept going back and forth with all of them. Funny thing is I ALWAYS ask for 5 oil changes when negotiating and have always got it. I don't really ask for any other accessories as others do, but the window tint and wheel locks were already on the car and they didn't charge me for it and so I was happy with that.

I used the thread (below) from Acurazine for reference when I was shopping for the car. According to that thread, I was able to get the 2nd best deal for a base TLX and also matched prices with another guy. But I do have a hard time believing that one guy got his car for $30,400 OTD, unless his state doesn't charge sales tax or very little.

Let talk about the DEAL the dealer gave you!!! - AcuraZine Community

To be honest, I probably could've got the car for $300 more off or maybe even slightly more than that (long story, let me know if you want to hear it, LOL!) but didn't push the issue as I kinda played the "well this dealer offered me XXX price," and actually fibbed some. It then backfired on me and they retracted on their price right when I had the price locked.

But I ultimately thought the $300 difference was a fair deal since they reluctantly added the 5 oil changes. And with Karma, I thought I kinda deserved it. But most importantly what sealed the deal is that they were 1 of 2 dealers that had the color I wanted (Bellanova White Pearl with Ebony interior) base model TLX in stock. White on black was very rare in this area for some reason. There were plenty White on Espresso & White on Gray models. And the other dealer wanted about $800 more for the same car.

But FYI, "invoice" on the base model TLX is $30,504 and when you figure 2% MSRP dealer holdback for the Acura brand, that's about $30K flat. It's still surprising that dealers are able to sell the car for $1K under "invoice" when this car just came out a couple of months ago. They must have very good dealer incentives/volume bonuses/other incentives for the car. Or this particular dealer was somewhat desperate to sell cars.

But I wouldn't fret, you got basically invoice price minus dealer holdback, which is still very good. And from being a member in multiple car forums in the past like this one, I've noticed that prices/deals seemed to be slightly worse on the East Coast than here in the South for some reason. Maybe b/c they buy so many trucks out here LOL. You still got a very good deal.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Anybody able to get their car (Base TLX) for less than $28,000 before TTL but not including loyalty/club/specialty discounts?

I really wonder if the manufacturer is really pushing sales for this brand new model to be successful during its first model year/launch or just desperate dealers.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, I am new to this thread. I am planning to buy a TLX V4, Base model in San Diego. I have visited a dealer through Costco and they have offered me the vehicle for $30,800. Can somebody please tell me what should be the best price for the base model (black with black interiors)? Thank you so much!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Bought in Nj

Is that the price out the door (including tax?)??

I went to my local dealer and I got the base model to $32,300 OTD price.
I noticed this didnt even include the 4 floor mats, wheel lock.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Bought in Nj

i paid $30500 for my 2017 TLX 2.4l tech 5 months ago. Price was OTD and free servicing for 1st year

1 - 16 of 16 Posts