Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2015 TLX Tech- B1 service lite came on recently on wife's TLX. I normally would have taken it to dealer but I wasn't allowed to drive after shoulder replacement surgery.

Me thinks I should've waited; The Acura service dept told her $700 for the B1 With 2 coupons she got off for $550. If I'd been quoted that I would have turned around immediately and left. Still trying to figure out why the optional maintenance contract($439) and the optional vehicle service contract ($975) did not cover the B1 service????? Last time I'll take her car to Acura for service!:(

·
Registered
93 Posts
"B" Service - Oil & filter change and multi-point inspection
"1" Service - Rotate tires, check tire pressure and condition

$550 oil and filter change, ouch!

Meanwhile, my glovebox broke from the side bracket, took it to local Acura dealer 2 times (1 hour away) and both times the techs were not there, took pictures and want ME to call THEM back to see what they need to do to replace/fix it via warranty or out of pocket (which if it was my fault is fine). Going to call them today.

·
Registered
236 Posts
2015 TLX Tech- B1 service lite came on recently on wife's TLX. I normally would have taken it to dealer but I wasn't allowed to drive after shoulder replacement surgery.

Me thinks I should've waited; The Acura service dept told her $700 for the B1 With 2 coupons she got off for $550. If I'd been quoted that I would have turned around immediately and left. Still trying to figure out why the optional maintenance contract($439) and the optional vehicle service contract ($975) did not cover the B1 service????? Last time I'll take her car to Acura for service!:(
I hate to add fuel to the fire but something is VERY wrong there. I paid less than $100 for B1 service at Goodson Acura earlier this year. Maybe you can go back and refute the overcharges. What did they do???

·
Registered
145 Posts
My car is due for "B12".
From the service email... it said:

Our Technicians will:
  • Replace engine oil & oil filter.
  • Rotate tires, & check tire pressure & condition.
  • Replace air cleaner element, & check drive belt.
  • Replace dust & pollen filter.
  • Also inspect various systems & components.
Includes a complimentary multi-point inspection

I replaced my air and cabin filters myself (ordered on amazon)... and I get my tires rotated at the place I bought them... so my B12 turned out to be oil change, multi-point inspect. we didn't discuss price, because it was supposed to only be an oil change... i'll let ya know tomorrow when I get the car back (it's in for something else in addition... "just" a transmission replacement, check the forum. lol).

I did check acura online and the maintenance minder says this for B12 service (for a V6 Tech PAWS).... seems like a whole bunch more stuff than the email note suggested... also note: misspelling of "services" has been copy pasted through the whole maintenance minder. ;) I sent a note to acura and suggested a free oil change for me helping them out. lol.

The "B" has a lot of inspections.. but not a whole lot of work. I guess tech time is expensive.
Maintenance Minder B

9 Speed Automatic P-AWS with Technology Package - Recommended service:

• Replace engine oil*1 and oil filter
  • Inspect front and rear brakes
  • Inspect tie rod ends, steering gear box, and boots
  • Inspect suspension components
  • Inspect driveshaft boots
  • Inspect brake hoses and line (including ABS/VSA)
  • Inspect all fluid levels and condition of fluids
  • Inspect exhaust system#
  • Inspect fuel lines and connections#
  • Check expiration information for Temporary Tire Repair Kit bottle
  • *1: If a message Maintenance Due Now/SERVICE DUE NOW does not appear more than 12 months after the display is reset, change the engine oil every year.
  • #: See information on maintenance and emissions warranty.
  • Independent of the Maintenance Minder information, replace the brake fluid every 3 years.
  • Inspect idle speed every 160,000 miles (256,000 km).
  • Adjust the valves during servics A, B, 1, 2, or 3 if they are noisy.
Maintenance Minder 1

• Rotate tires
  • Independent of the Maintenance Minder information, replace the brake fluid every 3 years.
Maintenance Minder 2

• Replace air cleaner element*2
  • Replace dust and pollen filter*3
  • Inspect drive belt
  • *2: If you drive in dusty conditions, replace the air cleaner element every 15,000 miles (24,000 km).
  • *3: If you drive primarily in urban areas that have high concentrations of soot in the air from industry and from diesel-powered vehicles, replace the dust and pollen filter every 15,000 miles (24,000 km).

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I should have gone to Goodson instead of MacChurchill where I leased it- 2nd Acura I leased there...and last Liked the 1st TXS much better.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I should have gone to Goodson instead of MacChurchill where I leased it- 2nd Acura I leased there...and last Liked the 1st TXS much better.
Review your maintenance and service contracts -- maybe there is something in there that covers B1/oil change/tire rotations. If so, you should be able to get them to honor the contract and refund your money. I am curious as to what all they did during your service.

Thank you for sharing, as I will now never, ever go to Mac Churchill Acura for anything.

·
Registered
979 Posts
I've been getting weird quotes for this b1 check everything bs. one dealer says it'll be $600+ while another says it's $200 and change....

·
Registered
236 Posts
They always e-mail me my receipts, so I was able to go back and see what I paid for B1. I cropped only the B1 service part (leaving out the suggested filter changes, etc. that I deferred). Maybe your dealer will price match. Dealer is Goodson Acura in Dallas.

Attachments

·
Registered
181 Posts
Horrible. Please post what they did.
Oil change and tire rotation should be $75 max, and all of the inspections should be free since they are for the most part looking for work.
Take your car to a Honda dealer if you can or even better, do the work yourself if possible.
I bought a good floor jack, and 4 stands and do all basic work (oil, brakes, trans fluid, coolant, rotation, etc) myself. My goal is to keep my car out of the dealers hands unless absolutely necessary.
They owe you an apology and about $600

·
Registered
78 Posts
Honestly, I would never buy a Lexus or Mercedes since they charge hundreds of dollars for oil changes. I would never expect this kind of pricing for an Acura.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Horrible. Please post what they did.
Oil change and tire rotation should be $75 max, and all of the inspections should be free since they are for the most part looking for work.
Take your car to a Honda dealer if you can or even better, do the work yourself if possible.
I bought a good floor jack, and 4 stands and do all basic work (oil, brakes, trans fluid, coolant, rotation, etc) myself. My goal is to keep my car out of the dealers hands unless absolutely necessary.
They owe you an apology and about $600
Some of us are repeated self-proclaimed car idiots.
I have changed the oil in my cars before... when I had a 1981 monte carlo. ;)
I'm slowly building up the confidence to do this type of stuff... (as I said, changed my air and cabin filters... but that's not quite the same as oil/brakes etc.).

Generally, I agree cutting costs is a good thing when possible.
I feel like there's a push-pull between "i own a 'luxury' car and shouldn't 'have' to or don't want to do these services myself" and "the dealer knows what I just said and feels they can charge whatever they want". As Chris1980 said... this doesn't feel much like Acura... more Merc or higher end "treatment".

I will ask my guy today what the quote for a full B, B1, and B12 service is.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
They charged for COMPLETE fuel system service (over $200), brake fluid exchange ($169) 4 wheel align ment ($130) which is covered on my optional mx contract for which we paid $439 at time of lease. The car only had 12,264 mi and was 16 mos old at time of service! Total ripoff by Mac Churchill.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I hate to add fuel to the fire but something is VERY wrong there. I paid less than $100 for B1 service at Goodson Acura earlier this year. Maybe you can go back and refute the overcharges. What did they do???
THIS. Same for me, something is really sketchy here...:eek:

·
Registered
525 Posts
They charged for COMPLETE fuel system service (over $200), brake fluid exchange ($169) 4 wheel align ment ($130) which is covered on my optional mx contract for which we paid $439 at time of lease. The car only had 12,264 mi and was 16 mos old at time of service! Total ripoff by Mac Churchill.
They sold your wife for services you didn't need. Ouch...

·
Registered
93 Posts
fuel system service = ~$100 depending on what they do, every ~50,000 miles
brake fluid exchange = ~$75-$150 every 2-3 years and/or ~20,000 miles
4 wheel alignment = ~$75-$150 as needed

1 - 20 of 47 Posts