Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have the stock 18" Acura wheels on my new 2015 FWD V6 TLX with the P-AWS. If I decided to go 19" with new wheels does anyone have suggestions as to the type of wheels that would work for looks and for performance?

Thank you,

Glenn in San Jose

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Welcome to the Forum

I currently have the stock 18" Acura wheels on my new 2015 FWD V6 TLX with the P-AWS. If I decided to go 19" with new wheels does anyone have suggestions as to the type of wheels that would work for looks and for performance?

Thank you,

Glenn in San Jose
Welcome to the Forum! Glad to see you made your first post.

I am sure you will hear from another member soon.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Looks are very subjective and a personal choice. Prices can range from $150 to $5000 per wheel. Suggest you start your research with an online retailer that provides a selection of wheels and tires that are known to fit the TLX. Then widen your search as required.

·
Registered
110 Posts

Thank you,

Glenn in San Jose
Hi Glenn,

I like these and will be buying a set in the Spring with Michelin Pilot 245/40R19 summer tires. The HFP sticker is removable, and I have seen pics in this forum with TLX and this wheel. I also like Oz Italia 150 and Enkei Raijin - and you can get a suggestion for more wheels at tirerack.com if you enter TLX as model with a search.

19" HFP Wheels (each) - 08W19-T3L-100 - College Hills Honda

Good luck and welcome to the forum

·
Registered
110 Posts
Here is the link to some pics posted of the TLX with the HFP wheels by another forum member
http://www.tlxforums.com/forum/whee...oem-hfp-honda-factory-performance-wheels.html

Keep in mind that you will need to swap the stock TPMS sensors from your current wheels or by new ones ($35 online). The Acura center logo cover is interchangeable with the Honda one that comes with the HFP wheels - so you can swap from your current wheels or by new Acura ones also online.

The Acura 19" TLX option wheel 08W19-TZ3-200 looks good also and usually comes with the TLX TPMS 's but is at least $420 online.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Glenn,

I like these and will be buying a set in the Spring with Michelin Pilot 245/40R19 summer tires. The HFP sticker is removable, and I have seen pics in this forum with TLX and this wheel. I also like Oz Italia 150 and Enkei Raijin - and you can get a suggestion for more wheels at tirerack.com if you enter TLX as model with a search.

19" HFP Wheels (each) - 08W19-T3L-100 - College Hills Honda

Good luck and welcome to the forum
Thanks for the info... I will check into tire rack

GD

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here is the link to some pics posted of the TLX with the HFP wheels by another forum member
http://www.tlxforums.com/forum/whee...oem-hfp-honda-factory-performance-wheels.html

Keep in mind that you will need to swap the stock TPMS sensors from your current wheels or by new ones ($35 online). The Acura center logo cover is interchangeable with the Honda one that comes with the HFP wheels - so you can swap from your current wheels or by new Acura ones also online.

The Acura 19" TLX option wheel 08W19-TZ3-200 looks good also and usually comes with the TLX TPMS 's but is at least $420 online.
Hi Alman,

What ere the TPMS sensors? First tme hearing about this.. ty Glenn

·
Registered
666 Posts
The TPMS sensors are an extension and integrated part of the valve stems. The housing is on the inside the wheels and it transmits tire pressure readings to a receiver in the wheel well. If regular valve stems were used a orange problem indicator would be displayed on the dash along with error messages every time you start the car.

Here is link to a site that shows it:
TPMS - TPMS Tools & Tire Pressure Monitoring Systems

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The TPMS sensors are an extension and integrated part of the valve stems. The housing is on the inside the wheels and it transmits tire pressure readings to a receiver in the wheel well. If regular valve stems were used a orange problem indicator would be displayed on the dash along with error messages every time you start the car.

Here is link to a site that shows it:
TPMS - TPMS Tools & Tire Pressure Monitoring Systems
Thank you for the info!

GD

1 - 11 of 11 Posts