Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I've had this issue for some time now and I have no idea what exactly is happening, how to fix or at least know what's causing it. firstly, I've swapped out the mufflers and one of the resonators and installed aftermarket parts. The sounds great btw. so basically whenever my foot is on the pedal slightly (usually when I've reached the speed limit and want to cruise) which is around the 4-5th gear so we're talking 30-35 mph. The car doesn't want to change to the 5th or 6th gear on time and it starts to reach higher RPMs until it actually does change or usually it makes this weird sound like it's stuck in the middle of gears or something. I'm pretty sure it's not a really big problem but it's very frustrating and when it happens, I have no choice but to accelerate and get it back to sounding normal. Hope this explanation wasn't completely gibberish and someone knows what's happening. I had a feeling something was up with my transmission and that I should get my transmission flushed. (haven't done it yet because I was told that wouldn't fix it)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey guys, I've had this issue for some time now and I have no idea what exactly is happening, how to fix or at least know what's causing it. firstly, I've swapped out the mufflers and one of the resonators and installed aftermarket parts. The sounds great btw. so basically whenever my foot is on the pedal slightly (usually when I've reached the speed limit and want to cruise) which is around the 4-5th gear so we're talking 30-35 mph. The car doesn't want to change to the 5th or 6th gear on time and it starts to reach higher RPMs until it actually does change or usually it makes this weird sound like it's stuck in the middle of gears or something. I'm pretty sure it's not a really big problem but it's very frustrating and when it happens, I have no choice but to accelerate and get it back to sounding normal. Hope this explanation wasn't completely gibberish and someone knows what's happening. I had a feeling something was up with my transmission and that I should get my transmission flushed. (haven't done it yet because I was told that wouldn't fix it)
I think this is just a small side effect of having exhaust work. I was having the same sort of issue but was told a tune would work out the rev hang. I have a KTuner on the way so I can update you and let you know if it solves the issue?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think this is just a small side effect of having exhaust work. I was having the same sort of issue but was told a tune would work out the rev hang. I have a KTuner on the way so I can update you and let you know if it solves the issue?
Yeah, I had a feeling that'd be my final option if nothing helps prior to me investing about 600 or so for a tune lol. Thanks for reaching out and please let me know if the tune helps, Good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts