Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

New member here. I am currently contemplating the replacement my leased Jetta TDI with the Acura TLX. I have tested many cars over the past month or two, and have landed on the Accord Touring V6 and TLX 2.4. I am currently leaning towards the TLX, but I am wondering if anyone has car seats in these cars, and how they find the experience. The Accord is much roomier. I am wondering how the TLX will compare to the Jetta as it is surprisingly large. The Jetta has suited our needs perfectly, and it's size is acceptable.

I have found the forum very informative. I am looking at the 2.4 Tech in Black / Black. Cheers.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I have the TLX 2.4 Tech. Have a 3 year old daughter who I have in a front facing arm chair (i call it that as it has cup holders, arm rest...nothing like what i had as a nipper) and she fits in fine. I have to bend down and make sure i don't bump her head but you will find that with any of the cars you have mentioned above.
Like me she has long legs so can kick the passenger seat in front if there is someone in it and its moved back, if no one sits there (which is 90% of the time for me) i move it a little forward and she can't touch it.

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

Hi folks,

New member here. I am currently contemplating the replacement my leased Jetta TDI with the Acura TLX. I have tested many cars over the past month or two, and have landed on the Accord Touring V6 and TLX 2.4. I am currently leaning towards the TLX, but I am wondering if anyone has car seats in these cars, and how they find the experience. The Accord is much roomier. I am wondering how the TLX will compare to the Jetta as it is surprisingly large. The Jetta has suited our needs perfectly, and it's size is acceptable.

I have found the forum very informative. I am looking at the 2.4 Tech in Black / Black. Cheers.
Welcome to the Forum! Glad to see your first post.

I guess you will have to keep test driving to narrow your choices down to what you like.

I enjoy my 2.4 Tech. :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
@topsailstar

I've had a TSX and the seat room in the back is definitely narrower than the TLX. I think they put the 3" of extended car length in the back seat. I'd have no problem putting friends in the back seat, baby seat / car seat, no idea.

I have a friend with a Honda Accord and in my opinion the TLX is larger that the Accord, but only by inches.

I've driven the Jetta TDI as a rental car and their is no comparison over the TLX, the technology in the car says it all (the car practically drives itself).

Hunter

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.