LinkBack Thread Tools
post #251 of 255 Old 04-14-2019, 01:02 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icculus View Post
Are these the "high wall" mats or standard mats? I'd to get the high-wall versions, but apparently they won't fit 2015 models...
Hmm, they were simply called "all weather" mats - AFAIK any "all weather" mat is gonna have high walls, because snow, right?

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #252 of 255 Old 04-17-2019, 12:33 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Garage
Remote Start Installed

I had the remote start function activated/installed at the dealer today.

In a couple of weeks, full frontal ppf, ceramic coating, and window tinting (35 all around, except windshield, which gets 75).
post #253 of 255 Old 04-21-2019, 11:24 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Picked up my new to me 2017 TLX Tech in the morning. Got Tuxmats installed in the afternoon, then tints in the evening (30% all around). After I got home I installed a hardwired dash cam.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #254 of 255 Old 05-13-2019, 12:22 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Doing my Brakes. Started Saturday, got the fronts completed with turned rotors, Hawk pads and was too tired to finish the rear. Sunday was Mother's day, I started the rear brakes around 3pm and took the rotors to my lil shop that turns em for 10 bucks ea., they were closed, probably for the holiday, so I tried Pep boys which was the only place still open that said they could turn em. $15. ea. I leave, come back an hour later, they said, "we couldn't turn 'em, they were too warped, they wouldn't even fit on the machine!"

WHAT?!
NO pulsing when I was driving, no indication they were warped at all, but I checked to see if they had any in stock, I wanted to be done last night. They did not have ANY TLX rotors in stock and it's a good thing. I get home, figured I would just pick some up from Acura and be done with it. I decided I would take the old ones to the machine shop and see what they thought, because I didn't entirely trust the guy at PB. So, I get there, tell the shop owner the take and he looks at the rotors quickly and said, "they didn't even put them on a machine, all the rust is still inside the hub, they didn't do S#!t"
I said, "ok, let me know how they turn out."
He replies, "30 minutes"
I wait there, he laid them on the counter, and told me they still have lots of life in em and will last til the next brake job in 3 years.
NO warping, not too thin, just @$$heads either not wanting to do their job or just trying to sell their low rent parts. I'm never going back to PB again, I hadn't been there in 8 years, lets see how long, now! Anyway, driver's side done, I am finishing the Passenger side, had to answer some work emails and figured i would post.

BTW, on a '15TLX SH-AWD, the Torx bits you need are 27 and 45 for the E-Brake assembly, I'll post it in the other thread, but just an FYI.
post #255 of 255 Old 05-24-2019, 05:27 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I changed my starter. I own the '15 SH-AWD Tech, 58k miles. It started giving out maybe after having the car after 3 years.

Symptoms were, having to push the start button twice to get the engine started. Another symptom was the idle engine stop, it would not start up again after it has activated. Sometimes pushing the start button 3-5 times, stuck in the road like an idiot with the emergency lights on being honked at LOL.

Then in the 4th year, the starter died and was stranded at the park...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page