LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 04-24-2019, 11:57 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Does Powertrain Warranty Cover Transmission? 2015 TLX

I have a 2015 TLX Base Model that i just bought. The transmission can get pretty jerky and it just doesnt feel right. The car has 52k miles and i was wondering if the Powertrain Warranty (6 years or 70k Miles) would cover a new transmission at the dealership?

I know some members here have been lucky to have their dealer replace the transmission under warranty and it has helped with their jerkiness. Can anyone chime in on if they got theres replaced after the 50k mark and what they had to do to convince the dealer to replace it for free? Thank You.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 04-24-2019, 05:32 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Garage
The transaxle is obviously covered for the time and mileage you stated, unless you (like many others) purchased an extended warranty. Have you had your vehicle in for transaxle service in the past?

You probably should make an appointment with your local Acura dealer and have the service manager test drive your car. It often helps if you have been a loyal and regular customer of the dealership. The service manager will test drive your vehicle and decide if the transmission jerk is normal or abnormal. All transmissions jerk a bit but he will have to decide if it should be repaired or replaced or not. He might decide to make a repair or replace it. Or he might decide that it is normal. Should he not assist you the way you want, you can always open a case with Acura and make an appointment with the Acura zone representative, which means when he comes to your dealership, you bring in your car and he will also test drive it and make a determination. In a large percentage of times, he will most often side with the service manager, so do your best to convince the service manager the transmission needs replaced.

You should also do your homework prior to taking in the vehicle. Research all the TSB, bulletins and other info that Acura has put out concerning the transmission jerk. This way the service manager can't 'double talk' you. Thanks about it. I had my transmission on my 2015 TLX replaced around 10,000 miles.

Take note of when your transmission jerks. I've heard that sometimes a jerk will happen when coasting downhill to a stop. Accelerating from 2 to 3 gear, or at other times. Try and go with the service manager when he test drives your car and tell him to drive it in a fashion that will show the jerk best.

Let us know what happens.

2015 Acura TLX w/Advance
ASE Master Tech
CSI Vehicle Forensics
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page